Geocaching4Locus - Download logs option resets

Gary Sheppard shared this problem 14 months ago
Closed

Hello.

With Geocaching4Locus v3.0.9 the downloading preference for Count of logs keeps resetting to default (5).

I always set this to the maximum for downloading 30 logs per geocache, which works fine and I get 30 logs per geocache.

However, sometimes I notice this option has been reset back to 5, and then the app (correctly) only downloads 5 logs per geocache. It feels like I am setting this back to 30 every day...I am not sure what is happening to cause this reset back to 5 - I haven't been able to associate it with any event.

TTFN,

Gary.

Replies (5)

photo

GC4L is not developed by Locus Map. It was released by an external developer. You need to contact him directly.
He has not been available lately. It is not sure if bugs will continue to be fixed.
Therefore Locus Map has now programmed the download of caches internally in Locus Map Version 4x (LM4).
https://www.locusmap.app/de/welche-neuen-funktionen-bietet-die-neueste-locus-map-4-13/

photo

I've got exactely the same problem using LM3 with Geocaching4Locus v3.0.9 , so please reomve the "Not a Problem" flag, thanks.

Regularly the G4L-setting "Count of logs" resets to a default value of 5. I'm also not able to associate a certain event to this behaviour (using LiveMap, "Update cache", "Download logs", closing and opening LM3 etc., restarting phone). But it occurs quite regularly. Maybe @Arcao or @menion is able to find out the reason and fix it?

photo

Hello,

as freischneider wrote, G4L is not developed by us and Arcao doesn't respond on this helpdesk anymore.

If there is any problem related with this add-on, you have to contact the Arcao directly.

As the add-on is not reliable anymore, we've implemented almost all its tools directly into the LM4, so the other option is upgrade.

But from our side, it is Not a (Locus's) problem, sorry.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Thanks, this all is clear to us. But Locus helpdesk forum is also a forum to talk about bugs of Locus-addons - not just main app Locus itself, isn't it?. At least on the bottom if filinig a new problem we can choose from categories "add-on Garmin", "add-on Geocaching4Locus" and so on. If you don't want people to talk about add-ons - remove this categories entries - which would be a pity in my mind. Nobody said Locus team is responsible for this bug. But there IS still a problem regarding this add-on for people using LM3.

So this thread makes sense for all people suffering from this bug and looking the Locus helpdesk if other having this problem too. Even @Arcao someday might stumble about this thread.

Btw: I also contacted him via his e-mail and the Github site of G4L.

photo

Hello,

ok, if you see it this way...

I'm gonna leave this ticket open for a while, but as the Arcao was last here 7 years ago... I am afraid that this is not the right place where it should be discussed.

But maybe you are the lucky one :-)

Zdenek, Locus team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file