This object is in archive! 

Track import does not work anymore since 4.15

Stefano shared this problem 13 months ago
Solved

Since update to 4.15 track update does not work anymore.

By clicking on the gpx file to import the tracks, Locus gets stuck on the word "processing" not allowing to do anything else. I have to force close the app. The behavior is the same if from the Locus menu I click on the "import" button.

Replies (14)

photo

Not here, but I noticed a slowdown. For a 70 kbyte gpx file, it is ~6 seconds in the "Working...." screen.

photo

To import a file of about 3 Mb before it takes a few seconds, now even waiting 7 minutes nothing happens.

photo

I just imported a 160km 400kB GPX file into 4.15.0 to check but was ok, about the speed I expect.

photo

I have 4.15.1, I have also tried smaller files, for example the one of the "Strade Bianche" (https://gfstradebianche.it/percorso of about 1.09Mb) but the import remains stuck at point 35.

photo

Imported without a problem...

f3e28cfcf9c3b30ce528cfd378ee3dbc

photo

This is the screenshot where the app stucks.

photo

I have the same problem with Locus Map Classic versiรณn 3.66.1. The import of Gpx files no longer works.

photo

What does it mean? Does any error message appear? Does the app crash or stop responding?

photo

I can 't import any track. When I try to open the file I get a message "no points to import".

photo

Could you please send the file for analysis? Thanks

photo

I still have this problem with the version from today (4.15.2). I try to import a gpx file from GSAK which worked some weeks ago. Now it says immediately "no points to import found". Any idea?

photo

OK. After moving the locus directory this works now too. Very misleading error message.

photo

Unfortunately, a few correlating errors emerged and it was difficult to identify them. Sorry for any inconvenience.

photo

Hi,

we are sorry for the inconvenience. Please do the following:

change app directory to private over Settings > Backup & Filesystem > File system manager > Set the main directory > Private folder in internal storage
this should be quick and after that restart is needed
then move old data with Settings > Backup & Filesystem > App data transfer > Load app data > continue. It is necessary to open the old "Locus" directory and choose "Use this folder"
You may "Move" the whole directory or if you have enough space and want to be safe, simply "Copy" first and later delete the old Locus directory manually
After restart, all data should be restored
More info at https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30937-maps-vanished-and-error-12569-on-downloading

best regards

Michal Stupka, Locus team

photo

The directory is already set to "Private folder in internal storage"; what should I do in this case?

The solution you are suggesting seems to be for data loss, but I've not loss my data, maps and track are still there. I've problem with importing track.

photo

Yes, I won't touch it. Dangerous terrain. And my Locus is configured this way anyway.

photo

It worked. Thanks.

photo

Could you please someone send any of the problematic files here for testing? Thanks

photo

For example the one of Strade Bianche that I've attached

photo

it works both with GPX and the original ZIP from the website. What is your file system setup? What phone do you use? What version of OS Android?

photo

What do you mean for file system setup?

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy M31 with Android 12.

photo

Try those in my attachment. I imported them in an unpacked state. From my internal Downloads folder. Options: Apply folder track style ON. Also elevation recalculate.

This took 13 Minutes on a Huawei Mate20X Android 10. Should be <30 seconds. Big part of the problem is, we cannot know if it is doing anything, no progress indicator, just "Working..."

photo

Tested twice:
1) emulator Android 7, imported from an unpacked folder in the Download dir - 13 minutes
2) Xiaomi Note 10 Pro, Android 12, imported from a ZIP archive in the Downloads dir - 2 minutes

@Menion any comments?

photo

I am importing 143 GPX files right now. 10 minutes have passed meanwhile.

Huawei Mate 20 X, Android 10

photo

Ok, it finished after 13 minutes. Waaaay to slow. Should be rather 20 seconds.

photo

It works. However, it tales at least 10 minutes for the Import to take place.

photo

Hi guys,

I've just generated a new Beta version for Locus Map 4 (download here). So if anyone is willing to give it a try, it will be welcome. I believe I've found a minor problem that may affect slow import (+ fixed counter).

Thanks!

photo

With the new version I have succeeded to import the gpx track, even if it took more than 3 minutes while before it took a few seconds.

photo

Still ultra slow, sometimes 10 seconds per gpx file, but now with progress indication.

photo

Guys there has to be some other problem. May someone of you enable logging to file (over a long click on the main menu), try the import again and after it finishes, send me here log from the Locus/logs directory? Hope, there will be something. Otherwise, I'll start up some emulators and will be trying ... thanks

photo

Find attached the log file. This time it has taken about 7 minutes to import the track. I hope that will help.

photo

One more log file, import of 10 gpx files.

Files: logs.zip
photo

Thie issue has been identified finally... please wait for the bugfix version, it should be out in couple hours.

photo

Tested... it's fixed, thanks guys.

photo

The problem is fixed also for me. Thanks!

photo

Great news, thanks.

photo

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Replies have been locked on this page!