This object is in archive! 

Strava export from 3.66

Anton Pitts shared this problem 13 months ago
Solved

Trying to export a track to strava, and it gives two error boxes, one of which says 'Whoops.' and the other says 'Task unsuccessful'.

I also had issues I think I've seen other reports of, with it losing the base maps, which now that I'm looking through the help desk may be due to android's annoying file storage chaos; at the time I fixed that by upgrading to Locus Maps 4... So then I tried to get the one track from Locus 3.66 exported to local file system or google drive as well (so I could import it into Locus 4, which does seem to be exporting to strava just fine), but both of those options show feedback of a successful export, but neither actually produced a file at the location requested.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

that issue you have mentioned is about the internal storage - with the latest update old installations lost their ability to read/write from internal storage. This brings a lot of problems in the app and that is probably the issue with your LM3.

As you have LM4 installed newly, the problem is not here.

You can import all your content from LM3 to LM4 with this procedure:

1. In LM4 - Settings > Backup & Filesystem > App data transfer > Load app data > continue. It is necessary to open the old "Locus" directory and choose "Use this folder". This folder is probably in internal memory (not "Android/data...")
  2. You may "Move" the whole directory or if you have enough space and want to be safe, simply "Copy" first and later delete the old Locus directory manually
  3. After restart, all data should be imported.

Then the LM4 will be working correctly.

Or do you want to preserve LM3 also?

More info about the bug at https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30937-maps-vanished-and-error-12569-on-downloading

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

OK, that did work, to bring in all the data from Locus 3, thanks for the reply!

It did, however, apparently overwrite the one ski trip I had collected in Locus 4 already. But that's OK since I personally use Locus for mapping/tracking, and then dump them up onto strava to look back at them later, so one going missing after being uploaded doesn't really matter. But if someone else finds this post and that would be a problem for them, a different solution might be needed.

photo

Hello,

I am sorry, I assumed that you install LM4 recently and didn't recorded anything yet. My bad.
In this case the export before the procedure and import after is necessary... Next time.

My apologies.

Zdenek, Locus team

Replies have been locked on this page!