This object is in archive! 

Vectormap Rendering

R5O.nl shared this question 12 months ago
Answered

Hi Guys, pls let me ask: did something change recently in Classic Locus in the render engine? As a user for many years, I now notice that my monthly vectormap updates (OpenAndroMaps) are not shown properly / immediately.
There seems to be some new caching mechanism bothering me nowadays. I notice because I am a heavy OpenStreetMap author in the NL with thousands of notes as WP in Locus.
And I find myself re-doing old notes, while on survey and looking on the Map in Locus, as the OLD Map was still shown in Locus, while I HAD loaded the new monthly updated vectormap: if I then again select that map (while it was already active), only then it will redraw properly into the new map.
I cleaned all tmp caches I could find in Settings, I restarted a lot of time, all does not solve this new problem.
Thanks for attending.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

there is no caching system, all maps are rendered directly from the map files.

Isn't possible that you have turned auto-loading on and there is some old map that slows down the loading?

Please, let me know if it helps.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Aha, I see, thanks! Did not think of that. I look at around the border NL to BE, and BE is an old map. So indeed it might be switching files there: I now deleted the Belgium map and also disabled auto loading. Surely this will fix it for me: thanks!

photo

Hello,

I am glad it works.

Have a nice day.

Zdenek, Locus team

Replies have been locked on this page!