This object is in archive! 

Download error for LoMap Germany South 2023.01.26.

Alexander_K shared this problem 13 months ago
Solved

Hello,

I have bought an update for LoMap Germany South 2023.01.26. During the download an error occurs. Note, the progress indicator shows from the very beginning a different size (1658 Mb) as the map header (2637 Mb).
Locus Version 3.66.2.

Thanks an best regards,

Alexander

Replies (11)

photo

The map is ZIPped, hence the different sizes. The header indicates the full size after extracting.

This extracting smells like your issue. There might be storage limitations hit when trying to extract. Quite some time ago I found that Locus has the ZIP file in some temporary folder. So you could try to locate it and do the extract manually. Use a capable file manager like x-plore (in particular when you are on Android 11+).

photo

Hello,

in the "Locus/mapsVector/europe" should be a *.tmp file (that could be renamed to zip and extracted manually). Or you can delete it and try downloading the file again.

And for the question of the map size. Map is downloaded zipped, so the size is smaller than final unpacked files. But for the proper downloading, you need free space in the amount of the sum of these two numbers, because for a while there exist both - zipped and extracted. Locus should check if you have enough space at the beginning of the process. You can check more details about the needed disk space under the (?) icon:

829b361db2a37d2cdea04cba780d7cdf

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi!
thanks for the hint. My Android version is 13.
Could you please tell me the exact folder where to look up for the downloaded ZIP file?
Best regards,

Alexander

photo

Hello,

it is "Locus/mapsVector/europe/germany"

The full path depends on your installation. If you follow recommended settings, then "Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus/mapsVector/europe/germany"

You can check it in the "Menu > About the app/Helpdesk > About the app"

I am not sure if you can reach that directory on Android 13. In this case, you can try to delete temporary files from the Locus - "Settings > Misc. > Clear temporary data"

Or the old way - connect your phone to your PC via cable and manage it from there.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello Zdenek,
many thanks! You are right, the TMP-file is visible during the download in "Locus/mapsVector/europe/germany", its size is growing.
However, I cannot unzip it manually as it disappears immediately after the download is finished. It looks like Locus cleans it up (which is good, otherwise the storage space would be filled quickly).

The available space is more than sufficient: I have 23 GB free.
Is there any chance that the file is corrupt on the server and cannot be processed by Locus application?

Best regards,
Alexander

photo

Hello,

I have the same problem with Poland LoMaps.

photo

Hello,

if the *.tmp file is cleaned, then it should be unpacked correctly. Erasing is the last step of the process.

Please send me screenshots form these two screens:

"Menu > Abou the app/Helpdesk > About the app"
"Menu > Settings > Misc. > Default directories > Set custom sub-directories"

Thank you

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello Zdenek,

The screenshots are attached:
With kind regards,
Alexander

photo

Hello,

thank you. According to the screenshots, you have the main directory in the internal memory (sdcard), you need to move the app to the "private directory".

Please do the following:

1. change app directory to private over Settings > Backup & Filesystem > File system manager > Set the main directory > Private folder in internal storage
  2. this should be quick and after that restart is needed
  3. then move old data with Settings > Backup & Filesystem > App data transfer > Load app data > continue. It is necessary to open the old "Locus" directory and choose "Use this folder"
  4. You may "Move" the whole directory or if you have enough space and want to be safe, simply "Copy" first and later delete the old Locus directory manually
  5. After restart, all data should be restored

More info at https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30937-maps-vanished-and-error-12569-on-downloading

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello Zdenek,

great, I really appreciate your support!
After changing the folder settings I am able to download (and extract) the map correctly.

With best regards,
Alexander

photo

Hello,

I am glad it works again.

Have a nice day.

Zdenek, Locus team

Replies have been locked on this page!