This object is in archive! 

backup

ZIMMER Roland shared this problem 13 months ago
Closed

Hello,

no backup possible since version 3.66.2 After the backup request it is displayed process successful but the backup is not in Locus/Backup or Locus/Backup/auto or in any other folder ! Please how to perform a backup now ?

Roland ZIMMER

Replies (9)

photo

Hello,

do you have Locus installed in the Private folder?

This problem could be related to this: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30937-maps-vanished-and-error-12569-on-downloading

If you have Locus installed in the internal memory (not private) do the following:

1. change app directory to private over Settings > Backup & Filesystem > File system manager > Set the main directory > Private folder in internal storage
  2. this should be quick and after that restart is needed
  3. then move old data with Settings > Backup & Filesystem > App data transfer > Load app data > continue. It is necessary to open the old "Locus" directory and choose "Use this folder"
  4. You may "Move" the whole directory or if you have enough space and want to be safe, simply "Copy" first and later delete the old Locus directory manually
  5. After restart, all data should be restored

Please, let me know if it helps.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello

thanks for the quick replies.

Locus is installed in Private folder in internal storage but the following is incomprehensible, not finding the indications provided.

Often it is recommended to perform a backup on one external element, but no indication to perform this operation. Surely a simple copy is not enough. I will try to uninstall Locus Map classic for a reinstallation

Regards

Roland

photo

I did a new install of Locus Map Classic v. 3.66.2 . Surprised my old tracks are still saved, but the Locus and Locus/Backup folders no longer exist ! Where to find the next backups ?

Unfortunately I Think that I will abandon this software that gives too many worries and where users must constantly intervene

Regards

Roland

photo

Hello,

Locus and Locus/backup folders must exist. App creates them in the installation process and all working files are placed in there (Locus).

But if you uninstall the app, system maybe deleted previous directory. Do you know exact path to the "backup" folder before reinstall? You have backups only in the Locus directory? Are you using Cloud sync?

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello

Before the uninstallation of Locus that day February 28 I had the Locus and Locus/Backup folder in Galaxy A52 5G internal storage Now these folders don’t exist anymore I didn’t use the synchronization in the cloud

photo

Hello,

in this case, they were probably deleted by the system. On some devices (especially from Chinese manufacturers) during uninstallation, there is no warning that the system deletes all of the app files. That was probably your case.

But if you have all your routes and points, just create a new backup and everything is ok. Or not?

I recommend setting the backup to the cloud (Google disk, Onedrive, Dropbox) - in this case, you'll have always your data safe. Or if you have Premium Gold, you can set the Cloud sync and you'll have your data always actual on all your devices.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Attention: not all data is saved during the backup. For example, photos that were added to your own points.
The safest way is a backup to the cloud (GDrive). So you have settings points and tracks.
I make a sync of the cpl. folder Locus in the cloud. every week.
I use Autosync for Google Drive. There is also for OneDrive etc.
And I export every recorded track automatically to the cloud as gpx.
First manufacture is then the folder. Eventually the points and track backup (if it is newer. And if then still missing a track I can import the from the cloud.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

photo

Hello

Bought a new smartphone Galaxy 54 5G and installed Locus Map Classic 3.66.2, Found again that the Locus and Locus/Backup folders have disappeared, although these items are still listed in the backup explanations!
Once the backup is defined on the application via OK we receive the information: process successful ! but where to find it next ? Mystery ! So it is impossible for me to send it to a cloud (Google Drive)
Roland

photo

In summary, all the problems are caused by changes in teh Android OS, not Locus itself, and is causing lots of problems for locus users, other apps have teh same problems or dont have so many features, like not being able to backup at all. Please persevere...

photo

Photos is a huge problem, i have abandoned photo POI untill photos will get synced to online points....

photo

Hello,

OK, now it is possible for me save all my hikes in the cloud.

Thanks to all for the help