This object is in archive! 

Tiles do not align in custom map (random placement)

Martin shared this question 12 months ago
Answered

Dear all,

I don't know if it is the right place to ask, but I am trying to add openflightmaps to my providers.xml. However, in the application, the tiles do not align properly and seem randomly placed.

61a5d64ddac7966ebae6470f1bb316b8

Can anyone help me correct the providers.xml entry?

<provider id="20000" type="1" visible="true" background="-1">
		<name>ICAO</name>
		<mode>OpenFlightMap</mode>
		<countries>Germany</countries>
		<url><![CDATA[https://nwy-tiles-api.prod.newaydata.com/tiles/{z}/{x}/{y}.jpg?path=2303/base/latest]]></url>;
		<serverPart>1;2</serverPart>
		<zoomPart>{z}-8</zoomPart>
		<zoomMin>15</zoomMin>
		<zoomMax>20</zoomMax>
		<tileSize>256</tileSize>
		<attribution>OpenFlightMap</attribution>
		<extraHeader><![CDATA[Referer#https://www.openflightmaps.org/]]></extraHeader>;
		<extraHeader><![CDATA[User-Agent#Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/111.0]]></extraHeader>
		<usage>aero</usage>
	</provider>	

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Martin,

a quick check on my side: these maps seem to be 512x512px. So suggest modifying "tileSize" parameter in the XML.

photo

Hi Menion,

thank you for your rapid reply. If I set tileSize to 512 I only see the blank Locus grid.

Is there anything else I can do?

9e7a8f867f97af5e94aac6082493fac1

photo

Hello,

hmm may you share with me your current XML file, so I do not have to write it manually? Thanks

photo

Thank you for your help!

photo

And just as I was submitting the file I found the solution.

photo

Thanks for sharing. Interesting... map really uses 512x512px tiles but works with them as with 256x256px tiles. Locus Map currently does not support this behavior, sorry.

As I see there are for download MBTiles map files. They seem to work correctly, so suggest using them for now. Thanks for understanding.

photo

Another alternative. There seems to be data available in the OpenAIR format!

Download such data for your area and put it into Locus/mapItems/Air/filexyz.txt . Then open "MapItems" in the Locus Map and active selected file ;)

It has been some time since I implemented support for the OpenAIR format, but it seems to still work correctly.

photo

Wow, Locus never ceases to amaze!

Replies have been locked on this page!