This object is in archive! 

Elevation measurements are wildly off!

Mir H shared this problem 12 months ago
Closed

Hi there, longtime Locus Map Classic user here. I use the software more-or-less constantly, but cannot fix this elevation measurement problem. Elevation data are *wildly* inaccurate! Mostly they are inflated by a factor of about four! I know this to be a Locus-specific issue because I simultaneously also run Back Country Navigator App and CalTopo App, and they both report corrrect elevation data that agree with each other's measurements withing a reasonable margin of error. I still prefer Locus over the other two but I am not able to fix this problem! Hoping you have a fix!

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

Locus Map processes elevation gain from the data it receives from your phone's GPS. If the data are incorrect or contain huge deviations, then the resulting elevation gain is also incorrect. Locus Map, however, offers a few methods on how to limit these deviations.

Open Locus settings > GPS&sensors:

• Location filter > select medium or heavier filter
  • Google Services assisted location > turn it ON
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > SRTM data - select "Optimize GPS values" or better "Replace GPS values"
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Pressure sensor > turn ON (if available)
  • Altitude manager > settings tab > Altitude filter - select medium or heavier filter

photo

Hello,

please, can you send me the GPX file of this route?

Do you have the latest version of the app? There were reworked calculations implemented recently.

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

Replies have been locked on this page!