This object is in archive! 

Altitudes incorrect

Marco Koth shared this question 15 months ago
Answered

Around this area (N 52° 54.336', E 014° 10.890') the offline altitudes are incorrect. Please check the parameters.

Replies (7)

photo

This is an anomaly coming from weird hgt (elevation) files. Even the 1" do contain that fake 500 ridge.

I have not checked Sonny's latest Germany LIDAR files, though (this area is covered as the border between Poland and Germany runs through this tile).

photo

Thanks for the answer,

there is no way to correct the hgt-files?

Has anyone an idea for the reason, why the files are wrong in this area?

photo

I just downloaded Sonny's latest LIDAR hgts for Germany and copied them to my Locus SRTM folder (on ext SD).

Now Locus' dynamic elevation and map shading show flat terrain, as it should be.

While the OAM vector map includes the anomaly (as contour lines). I have not yet checked LoMaps for this area.

photo

O.k. thats good. where can I find d the LIDAR hgts files?

Thank you for your help.

photo

The official LoMaps from Jan 2023 have the same issue.

photo

https://sonny.4lima.de/

But you have to unzip manually twice. And as Poland does not open source LIDAR, you are restricted to the Western border with Germany.

photo

@Michael Bechtold - thank you for investigation of this issue. We'll prepare the fixed elevation data during the next week

photo

Good plan.

In OAM only the Jan 2023 version is affected. The latest April OAM edition is already correct.

photo

Hi,
the elevation data are fixed. Please remove the file <locus_working_directory>/data/srtm/N52E014.hgt and download the elevation data again.
Issue will be also fixed in the next version of LoMaps maps

Thank you for the report
Petr

Replies have been locked on this page!