This object is in archive! 

Renamed waypoints then route exploded

Garrett Davis shared this problem 12 months ago
Not a Problem

I had a route set up with 9 waypoints. The route was 372 miles. I renamed the waypoints so that they would be easier to identify when guidance read the name to me. The route then exploded and re-ordered all of the waypoints and all of the directions. The route is now 3100 miles and includes a lot of straight lines. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it? I was making the edits on my Android phone because I couldn't figure out how to rename waypoints via the web planner.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Garrett,

could you please describe the exact way you renamed the waypoints? Step by step?

photo

Using my android phone, since I can't figure out how to do it from a pc, I go to my tracks where all of my tracks are listed. I tap on the name of the track that I want to edit the names of the waypoints. On the track page where it shows the route, elevation profile, etc., I click on the arrow to the right of the waypoints so that all the waypoints and directions are listed. I then click on the 3 dots to the right of the waypoint I want to rename and click edit. I then rename the waypoint and click save.

I did this again today to a different route/track. Like yesterday, all seemed to be normal until I renamed the destination waypoint. That's when the route went from 400 miles to 43000 miles and all the waypoints got re-ordered.

photo

Are those original waypoints navigation waypoints (containing navigation commands) or LoPoints (points of interest on LoMap)?

Replies have been locked on this page!