I don't like the new way of displaying geocache icons

pelsta shared this problem 11 months ago
Solved

I designed my own geocache icons, e.g. special_found, special_disabled, special_not_found, type_tradi. After the last update of the Locus application, they are displayed with overlays as you can see in the attached screenshot. These overlays cover my icons almost completely. How do I get rid of these overlays?

Replies (6)

photo

Hello,

please, can you send me those icons so we can try to simulate the issue?

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hey,

Of course.

photo

I have the same problem - last update. It's quite unclear and confusing. Before the update, when the cache was marked as found, it turned into a yellow smiley face. That doesn't work now.

photo

Ahoj,

mám úplně stejný problém. Po označení keše jako nalezená se ikona nezmění. Je to od posledního updatu.

photo

Hi guys,

this problem happens only with custom geocaching icons right?

For example on the screen of Roman is clearly visible that the icon changed! to the yellow smile icon, but "lab cache" icon was placed above. I`ll try icons from pelsta and let you know. Or if someone wants to share any other custom geocaching icons for tests, feel free to do it, thanks.

photo

So, the problem, at least in the case of @pelsta, was because of too small custom icon.

I've now fixed this and the app will correctly draw also custom icons in the next app version. It will be most probably published in week 15. 5+.

1320b0ba133d8506081674c0f8554f3a

Thanks for understanding and sorry for the complications.

photo

Super, diky za vyřešení, budu se těšit na novou verzi 👍

photo

Thanks for the answer. I temporarily enlarged my icons to 96x96 and it looks fine now. What icon size do you suggest? I'm waiting for a new version...

photo

96x96px is the size of the app's internal icon, so it is the best size for all custom icons!

photo

Thanks, Michal will most probably update it, anyway please keep in mind, thank the manual for Locus Classic is no longer maintained (only critical changes). I understand that pelsta created this based on Locus Classic, but usually fresh info may be found in Locus Map manual here. Complicated, I know, sorry.

photo

There are no complications!. Thanks for the link to the new manual. Should all geocache icons (special_*.png, type_*.png, wpt_*.png, diff_*.png, terr_*.png, size_*.png) be the same size 96x96?

photo

In the best case yes. Anyway, the app internally firstly loads all icons, then unites the size into 96x96px and then merges all icons into the final one.

So 96x96 is optimal because there should not be any visible glitches. In my screenshot before is clearly visible that the old "found" icon is really small and is heavily blurred when visible.

photo

I changed my icons to 96x96px, compressed and wanted to upload to the icons folder, but Android 13 won't let me. So I wanted to set my own subdirectory, but icons are not possible. I am in a trap.

photo

Try Solid Explorer, EV File Explorer or probably some other none-system file browsers.

photo

Thanks it works now, EV File Explorer helped. Very good work, looks very nice.

photo

I still found one small problem, when I select DNF, it doesn't change to blue smiley even though the blue smiley icon is 96x96px, where could be the mistake?

photo

Hard to say. To me, it seems to work correctly. It works correctly without custom icons to you? If so, I'll need a custom icon pack for testing.

photo

Už jsem na to přišel. Soubor ZIP obsahoval dvě ikony pro DNF s názvem special_dnf.png a special_not_found.png a ta první měla 96x96 a ta druhá byla menší. Samozřejmě se používá ta s názvem special_not_found.png, která neměla 96x96, takže jsem opravil a už vše funguje správně. Tahle chyba byla na mé straně, děkuji za pošťouchnutí. Podrobná analýza souboru zip přinesla odhalení chyby.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file