This object is in archive! 

Slow screen update since 4.16.0

Jon Reed shared this problem 12 months ago
Solved

Since the latest update 4.16.0 the screen is noticeably slow when you zoom in. this has only happened since the last update - I've just spent 3 months using Locus for a cycle tour and it worked fine during this time. I got home and the app updated and now it's slow. Samsung s21 ultra

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

please, can you describe your issue in more detail please?

A assume, that you talking about the main (map) screen.

What map are you using? What theme?

Do you have any overlay? What?

Do you have a larger amount of tracks/routes displayed? What happens when you turn them off?

Does it happen all the time, or on some specific occasions (navigation, recording...)?

Thank you for the clarification.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Tracks! Of course!! Following your comments I've turned off my tracks and the problem vanishes. It only occurs when I have a huge track set to be visible and are close to it on the visible screen. I was planning a Cathedral of England and Scotland tour and planned a route in Ridewithgps and imported it. It's 5000km long. If you hide it the problem vanishes. Ive broken the route down into smaller segments which display with no problems on their own, thanks for the advice and problem solving! Now for another 4 months using Locus daily...

photo

Hello,

I am glad it works again.

The huge amount of tracks/routes could be the reason because they're only held in memory and have to be redrawn every time you move the map. This can "eat up" a significant amount of the device's computing power.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

Replies have been locked on this page!