"Clear map cache" for online maps not working
In Locus 4.16.0 the "clear map cache" action for online maps is not working in the sense after the action, Locus still shows outdated map tiles. Stock Android 10 on Fairphone 3. Seems a regression of https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/map-cache-cleaning-not-working
Context and reproduction steps:
- 2023-05-08 16:34 I committed the changeset https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/135860909#map=15/48.7869/5.5438
- In Locus, I opened menu > map manager > online > OSM Classic and moved to 48.78904 5.54145 and did a screenshot for before my changes, as I wanted to do a before and after comparision.
- The day after, I opened menu > map manager > online > OSM Classic > map's 3 dot menu > clear map cache. I expected to see a map with my changes but saw the update only in one zoom level. I assumed the tile server is quite busy and I need to come back in a few days.
- 2023-05-11 09:30 I retried clearing & loading and still, only some tiles got updated tiles:
I wondered for the unusual big delay and opened https://www.openstreetmap.org/query?lat=48.78936&lon=5.54306#map=17/48.78730/5.53780 where my changes were visible on all zoom levels:
So the OSM tile server was up to date but Locus did not fetch these updated tiles. Hence, I also tried to move map view away from that area, then delete the cache, end Locus, start Locus, but also no update. As I assumed Locus 3+4 could use the same cache and clearing in one is not sufficient, I cleared cache and killed both Locus 3 and 4, but no success.
- 2023-05-14 12:30 after clearing the cache again, the view is still the old for some zooms:
some tiles updated, some old: 14+15+17+18
completely updated: 16
BTW, in the manual page https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_online#action_menu the text and screenshot show different context menu entries' text than the actual application.