Garmin connect iq support for Instinct 2X

Lukas shared this problem 10 months ago
Solved

Any chance to get Garmin connect iq app updated to support Instinct 2X? Should be an easy one as internals are same as Instinct 2 lineup.

Replies (6)

photo

Hi, Garmin unfortunately mess up (again) possibility to update the app without its major rewrite to support these new devices. We are still trying to analyse how to handle this, as we indeed want to have it updated. So please stay tuned. Jan

photo

And any ETA as locus map in connectiq was last updated year ago (almost - June 2022) and there's note about Instinct 2 but nothing changed since then...

photo

Hi, there is no ETA yet. Hopefully during this month.

photo

Any chance of update for epix pro series?

photo

Garmin is often very slow. Changes often take several months. Garmin's software is very poor. That is why I no longer buy a Garmin device.

photo

There's no alternative to their Instinct series or Fenix/Epix - we're talking about wearables yes?

photo
photo

Hi! Instinct 2X was finally added to the compatibility list of the Garmin Locus Map app!

Lukas, would you please share with me your experience with it? I remember some of the Instinct 2 users wrote, that the app is not behaving correctly. I don't have physical device, and all seems to be fine considering tests in simulator. Please let me know!

photo

Finally had a chance during visit in Czech mountains. Some of my thoughts:

- recording a hike/walk/etc does not work in terms of syncing activity after it's stopped and saved - these are only appear in ciq nowhere else so not in Locus, also after I finish activity I've got sync error everytime

- syncing routes works but it takes a lot more time to do so I had to use dwmap to save the day

I've tried upgrading to Locus Gold, completely reinstalled Locus/Locus Garmin addon and CIQ app - nothing helped.

So it's still not working properly or I should say as advertised.

photo

Hi Lukas, thanks for your feedback.

1) In case you record activity via CIQ app - by pressing START button on watches and selection of activity type, the activity is simply recorded by Garmin and sync to Garmin Connect afterward as with default Garmin activity apps.

2) There isn't automatic sync of such activities back to Locus Map. Although I understand it would make sense to have it. But that can't be done on app level. We are considering to implement ability to Locus Map to load activities from Garmin Connect via separate synchro feature later.

3) What do you please mean that syncing takes a lot of time? You mean when sending track from Locus Map to watch via "Send to Garmin" option? How long does this takes on your side? There should not be any reason for this to be slower than any other available methods.

photo

1) It's quite confusing to be honest as at then end it finishes with sync error so at least should be stated that it's not desired behaviour

2) Would be nice - GC sync for silver or up would be nice, I'm silver happy to pay and support as it's really nice to create couple routes and then only use watch battery/GPS which in 2X is huge and save phone

3) Exactly - tracks via "Send to Garmin" as it sends not only the one I selected but 2 more so I can choose from list of three (will have to record this to show how it behave) anyway in the end after wait I have track that I wanted with all waypoints + 2-3 (once I had extra 3) more to choose from, not a big deal but time wise it's too long and some folks can be surprised - I know it was working way faster when I had Instinct 2 yr ago.

Anyway can't complain - fun trekking over 5 days in Poland / Czech.

photo

1) Could you please take o photo of that sync error after finishing activity? I don't think it is generated by the app itself.
3) I would really help me if you record such behavior as this is first time I am hearing about this. It should always transfer just one route so something is fishy there!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file