Import of geocaches with Locus Map 4 and Locus Map 3 Classic on the same phone

Sonja Schemenauer shared this problem 11 months ago
Not a Problem

Hi,
this is driving me nuts and whatever I've tried to solve the problem - it just isn't working:
Whenever I try to import a geocache into Locus Map 4 (for example with geocaching4Locus or simply with the import function) I am given no option as to into which of the two apps it is imported. Everything always lands in Locus Map Classic (even when I started the request out of Locus Map 4 and Locus Classic wasn't even open).
I enabled add-ons in Locus Map 4.
And I already disabled the standard opening of links in Locus Map Classic as well as in geocaching4locus in their respective Android settings.
At the moment, I need both apps on my phone. So it is no solution to delete the classic version...

Replies (17)

photo

In LM4 you don't need the app anymore. You can import it internally. Then you can set it to import only in LM3.

photo

Thanks for answering! <3
But unfortunately, I don't get it. HOW do I import a specific geocache?
I'd like to simply type the GC code and I don't see where I could do that...

photo

Hi Sonja,

you need to cancel the association between G4L and LM Classic so that the download process can offer you a selection between the two apps:

2542a84160301ceb63d8a2624fa14e65

The sigle GC-code-based search and download hasn't been implemented directly in the app yet. but it is planned.

photo

I tried that - but didn't really know HOW I could cancel the association between G4L and LM Classic...
Sorry for all the trouble. But this really is unnerving and I tried hard but can't resolve this by myself. Thank you for your help!

photo

Hello Sonja

open device

settings/Apps/Locus Map Classic/set as default/Open by default > clear defaults

in german

Gerät/Einstellungen/Apps/Locus Map Classic/Festlegen als Standart/Standartwerte löschen > Standartwerte löschen

Wolfgang

photo

Geht nicht.

Gerät/Einstellungen/Apps. So weit, so gut.

Dann aber kommt als nächster sinnvoller Unterpunkt /App-Management und dort dann /Locus Map Classic. Dort wiederum habe ich den einzig ähnlich klingenden Haken bei "Standardmäßig öffnen" schon vorgestern auf inaktiv gestellt. Das bringt nix.

Es gibt statt dessen auch Gerät/Einstellungen/Apps/StandardApps. Aber dieser Punkt hat offenbar nicht das Geringste mit Locus zu tun.

photo

you can also uninstall and reinstall G4L. You might be asked what you want to use the first time.

photo

Hi Sonja,

every device has this option solved differently and I'm not an expert in all system solutions so I would recommend the same as @freischneider - uninstall/reinstall G4L. It'll have no impact on your Locus data, you'll only have to log in to your geocaching.com account again.

photo

Nice try, @freischneider and @Michal Stupka. ;-)
I uninstalled G4L.
Downloaded it again.
Reinstalled it.
Authenticated the app.
Then typed in a GC code (starting in Locus Map 4). And what happens? LM Classic opens and imports the geocache there...

photo

you still use LM3. Otherwise you could uninstall it.

photo

Yes, I definitely still need LM3...

photo

Sonja, try this:

settings/Apps/Locus Map 4/set as default/Open by default > clear defaults

photo

That's one of the first things I tried. To no effect whatsoever... :-(

photo

Sonja, we've obviously tried all possible solutions:

- deleted defaults for LM4, LMClassic and G4L

- uninstalled/reinstalled G4L

I'm afraid we don't know how to help here... But we promise that the GC-code based download will be added to LM4 soon so that you won't have to use the add-on.

photo

You could uninstall LM3 and then do an import. Then he must take LM4 in any case. Then install LM3 again.

photo

Hello Sonja
I myself also use both Locus apps on one device, because I always test the beta versions and so outdoor always have a running Alternatrive if there are problems......
Since LM4 and LMP unfortunately can not use the same data source for POI's and tracks I sync both folders with the file manager X-Plore, which also has extensive access rights under Android 11+.
So it doesn't matter where the imported geocaches are stored.
Maybe this approach will help you temporarily.
But before you try, make sure to back up both of your data folders.
Greetings Wolfgang

adc964940f322756387836c314392dcc

photo

Hi Wolfgang,
thank you very much for your suggestion! Truly appreciated!
Phew, that sounds pretty complicated.
I'll see if I will summon enough courage one day soon to try that out...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file