Problem with auto zoom

Konrad Demmel shared this problem 9 months ago
Not a Problem

Since version 3.67.0, the value seting for the first speed value, usually '0', is not correctly adopted in almost all cases.

Here are some examples of:

a) Set value per +/- key -/- the entered value:

5 m - 4 m, 10 m - 9 m, 20 m - 20 m, 40 m - 30 m, 80 m - 70 m,
200 m - 100 m, 300 m - 300 m, 600 m - 600 m, 1 km - 1 km,
5km - 4km, 10km - 9km

b) Set value via finger zoom -/- the entered value:

5 m - 5 m, 10 m - 10 m, 20 m - 20 m, 40 m - 30 m, 80 m -70 m,
200 m - 200 m, 300 m - 200 m, 600 m - 500 m, 1 km - 1 km,
5 km - 5 km, 10 km - 9 km

This problem occurs to me only in the first line.

Best Answer
photo

Hi Konrad,

your picture is not relevant. The displayed scales relate to selected zooms only, not alone or even lined up in a column. Nobody has ever complained about this solution before.

However, the developer has modified the auto-zoom so that the scale length and value will be the same on the map preview and in the zoom list. Please wait for the next app version.

Replies (11)

photo

As I found out in the meantime, the setting problem does not only exist for the first line of the autozoom settings.

photo

Hi Konrad, could you please describe in greater detail what the issue is about? We cant simulate any problem with the auto-zoom setup according to the description given. Thanks!

photo

Hi Michal,

my goal:
For a preset that has already been created, set the scale for the display at a speed of 0 km/h to 80 m in the auto zoom settings.

Proceed:
Select line for 0.0 km/h
Set '80 m' in the display area using the +/- keys
Save setting (see image on the left)

Result:
After saving, not '80 m' but '70 m' is displayed as the value for the scale (see image in the middle).

After completing the setting for the autozoom and activating the preset, the scale of the autozoom is displayed as '60 m' when the device is not moving (speed 0 km/h) (see image on the right).

The two settings are only selected for test purposes. However, the behavior of the Locus app does not change if, for example for a preset 'Auto', the list of settings is larger.

photo

Hi Konrad,

thank you for the explanation. There is no problem - the required scale that you set up for the 0 km/h level is preserved, only the scale markings differ:

295891556c4cdbfa02bb065654be6318

photo

I do not understand that. I want the scale value 80 for the display and get 60. I cannot understand your explanation.

photo

Well, I got it, despite "wrong" setting values, you get the desired zoom factor. In other words, the values in the settings dialog are synchronized with the values for the display, but not with the values for the zoom factor display. If I remember correctly, it was different until the last update.

Already in the settings dialog I save '80 m' and get '70 m' displayed. I'm apparently too stupid to understand why this has to be the case.

photo

Konrad, the reason is just for the sake of the space distribution on the display - the scale bar changes its length and displayed value in meters according to the padding around it so that it doesn't interfere with other graphic elements on the screen. The selected scale (or zoom if you like) remains the same. This feature works the same way all the time since its introduction to the app years ago, not since the latest version.

photo

Michal, regarding the display of the scale on the map, I can understand your reasoning. But why is a different value than the saved value displayed in the settings dialog after saving? Here you could really display the value that you have saved and thus avoid unnecessary confusion for the user. I enter 80 m, it confirms 70 m, why?

photo

Michal, I would like to say something about the the sake of the space distribution on the display. Why is the space for displaying the scale in the settings dialog and also on the display not specified and why is the display area for the scale value so different in size.

I have collected some examples of the scale display (on the open sea) (see image). The range for '20 m' is larger than that for '20 km', that for '8 m' larger than that for '30 km', but see for yourself.

If you specify in an area which length of a stretch corresponds to its width, then it is not necessary to vary the width of the area.

When zooming, the display area would always have the same size, only the length of the route would have to be adjusted to the respective scale.

For the fixed width of the display area, a measure could be selected that roughly corresponds to the smallest area on the compilation shown (30 km).

photo

Hi Konrad,

your picture is not relevant. The displayed scales relate to selected zooms only, not alone or even lined up in a column. Nobody has ever complained about this solution before.

However, the developer has modified the auto-zoom so that the scale length and value will be the same on the map preview and in the zoom list. Please wait for the next app version.

photo

Thanks Michal and thanks to the programmer who took care of it!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file