Update LM3 to LM4

John Herzog shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

Where can I find a guide or instructions (in English) for upgrading from Locus Map 3 (specifically 3.68) to Locus Map 4 (specifically 4.17)? In particular I have many large Locus V3 and V4 maps that I have purchased and downloaded, and I do not want to start all over again!

Cheers,

John

Replies (3)

photo

John, hardly boring, it's a good question but a more descriptive subject title would be useful if anyone else is searching for the same answer ;-) Maybe a LM dev can update it?

photo

Hello,

LM4 offers you to automatically transfer all the data from LM3 when you installed the app on the same phone: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:pro_to_lm4

If you like to do it manually, it is quite the same process as when you move to another phone: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:move_to_new_phone

Or you can simply copy the entire "Locus" folder from the LM3 directory and overwrite the same folder in the LM4 directory

Anyway, if you use the same account on the LM4 as you are used in LM3, all your previously purchased content (except some maps) is still available to download anytime. Also, all your subscriptions are valid. And moreover, you can use the Subscription discount for Pro users

If you need more information, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

To: Zdeněk Kondler

Greetings!

Many thanks for a very clear and to-the-point guide to updating from LM3 and LM4. I hope to undertake the upgrade this coming weekend. If things go badly, I'll ask for help once again!

Incidentally, before I asked for help, I did look fairly carefully for information about upgrading or switching to LM4, but I did not find any broad guide (such as you have provided) but only found discussions of very specific, ad hoc  issues. I even tried the usual Google search tools but that didn't help. Perhaps Locus Maps should offer a succinct, easy-to-find general guide to upgrading.

Again, many thanks!

John

Leave a Comment

Attach a file