Country border visual characteristics settings

NL ms shared this idea 10 months ago
Completed

When hiking in border regions and using the dark theme + certain shadings, it's hard to see the border line between countries.

It would be very useful to be able to change color, thickness and pattern of the country border lines.

Replies (5)

photo

Hi,
could I kindly ask you to send me screenshot with such situation? Mentioned dark theme - is it some custom Mapsforge map theme or map in night mode with inverted colors?

Thanks, Petr

photo

Hi Petr,

It's with the inverted color scheme; my standard color scheme of choice.

With hill shading on it's ok-ish to see the border indicator, except when there are a lot of other green lines visible in the view. (I will send a screenshot of that). When you enable the lowland shading, the border line indicator becomes very hard to see. Add some bright sun, shades in front of your eyes and it becomes near impossible. I will also submit a screenshot with the lowlands shading enabled!

photo

Uuuuhm...how can I submit Screenshots? (maybe my mobile browser is not showing me the upload option. If so, I will upload the screenshots when I'm back from my current hike!

photo

Hi,
it should be possible to add an attachment using "paper clip" icon
a038fa7224e83daedcce1a9b5de4cabf

photo

Hi, I uploaded three examples. All cases have inverted colors enabled. In two cases, the inverted colors + hill shading is enabled. In one case, the inverted colors + lowland shading is enabled.

photo

Thank you for the screenshots and I'm sorry for the late response. It's a little bit complicated but we tried to improve the visibility of national borders in day and night mode.
Available in the next version of the Locus Map app (only for LoMaps gen 4)

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file