Elevate correction

Holger Peschke shared this problem 10 months ago
Not a Problem

I ussually run the elevate correction tool on the recorded gpx track after a finished a tour to get the accurate value of the acheived attitude.

Since some time this functionality creates not less but significantly more attitude. Please check both files. The original one and the corrected one by locus. This was definitely not a tour of more than 600m of attitude. I hope you do understand my problem. Looking foward to your feedback.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Holger,

what "elevate correction tool" do you use? One track indicates 417 meters elevation gain, the other one 551m. None of them more than 600m.

photo

I mean, when I click an a track in locus and go to tools->update elevation. See new attachment. Then I get 652m.

photo

Hi Holger, the "update elevation" tool doesn't always decrease the elevation gain. It replaces the GPS-measured values by values calculated from offline elevation data obtained from public datasets. The procedure is useful when the recording contains visible deviations caused by bad GPS data. When such deviations are not present as in the case of your track samples, it is not necessary to perform it.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file