Take a photo during the GC log

balloni55 shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

when i take a photo while logging it is saved in locus/cache/temp heavily reduced.

When I upload my log to GS this photo disappears from the temp folder. However, when I open the image from the log with Locus, this path is still displayed and I can also share the photo.

My questions:
1. where is the taken photo saved in original quality?
2. how can Locus open the image from the path if it is no longer available in the temp folder?

52767f83edaab9c0151f10dd780319bc

Replies (4)

photo

Hello balloni,

good observation :). Images are stored internally in the Locus/data/config/gcFieldNotes.db database. At the moment, you display log + images on the screen, images are copied into the cache/temp directory. This was made a long time ago to simplify my work, so I may use an existing gallery that needs files for its functionality.

photo

Hello menion

thanks for you answer

#so I may use an existing gallery

this would be a good solution to have this photos in the original quality

photo

Hello balloni,

I've improved the saving of geocache logs photos, so since the next app version, photos will be Stored in "sdcard\Pictures\Locus Map\Geocache log\" directory persistently. The app will create a small copy into an internal database for later upload, but images in the mentioned directory will remain persistent, so feel free to use them as needed.

photo

Hello Menion

fine solution !

thanks, works perfect

Leave a Comment

Attach a file