Downloaded LoMaps and 3rd party maps unsuccessful or not importing

Chris Vervaeke shared this problem 10 months ago
Solved

I've tried downloading multiple times loading from openandromaps, opening with raro and then importing, importing from the LoMaps directory, I just can't seem to get the maps to import or download/install successfully

Replies (3)

photo

Hello,

please send me screenshots from these screens:

"Menu > About the app/Helpdesk > About the app"

"Menu > Settings > Misc. > Default directories > Set custom sub-directories"

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo
photo

Hello,

you have app installed in the kind of "un-supported" directory. Please do the following:

1. change app directory to private over Settings > Backup & Filesystem > File system manager > Set the main directory (3-dot menu) > Private folder in internal storage
  2. this should be quick and after that restart is needed
  3. then move old data with Settings > Backup & Filesystem > App data transfer > Load app data > continue. It is necessary to open the old "Locus" directory and choose "Use this folder"
  4. You may "Move" the whole directory or if you have enough space and want to be safe, simply "Copy" first and later delete the old Locus directory manually
  5. After restart, all data should be restored

As the Google is more and more strict about the security, apps can't be in the "internal storage/sdcard" anymore. You have to put them into the "private folder".

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

I think these instructions were for Locus 4, however it was enough to help me with the situation, its similar navigation and solution in Locus 3.

SOLVED! Thank you!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file