Auto Zoom configs resets after using Navigate feature (3.68.2)

KebabRider shared this problem 10 months ago
Solved

Hello,

when I'm using Navigate feature with Locus Maps 3.68.2, Locus always resets Auto Zoom configs *and* automatically force-enables Auto Zoom.

So this means, every time I navigate to somewhere, Locus completely resets my Zoom configs. This pretty much kills the whole Auto Zoom feature. And I can't use manual zoom either, since Navigate feature enforces Auto Zoom always on.

When it happens:

- When starting "Navigate to" feature

- When stopping "Navigate to" feature

What happens:

- Automatic Zooming -setting automatically sets to "Enabled" mode

- Automatic Zooming configuration resets to default. Zoom levels are set to default.

What should happen:

- Automatic Zooming settings should stay whatever function I use

- Automating Zooming should stay in Disabled mode, whatever function I use

Thanks!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

you have probably set "Auto-zoom" in the linked navigation profile, so when you turn the navigation, it is used.

If you remove it from there, your default settings (global) will be used.

"Settings > Navigation > Link with presets > Preset config > "your preset" > disable or update auto-zoom"

Let me know if it helps.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello,

you are absolutely 100% correct. This was a feature, not a bug. Presets were used by default, and that's why my configs were reseted. However, I think this is a bit design flaw, since I couldn't figure this out at all. There's no mention at all that there are presets for navigation profiles that's gonna reset your own configurations. Nothing indicates on that.

There's so many different settings & options in Locus, so I didn't even realised that it could be a problem. Btw, settings those navigate auto-zoom values in Preset configs, crashed my Locus constantly. I had to set all km/h values one-by-one. Set first km/h, then save the value, exit the config menu, go back to config menu, set the next value, save the value, exit the config menu, go back to the config menu, etc.

photo
photo

Dear all,

I came across this issue during my use, and found that it is actually a mistranslation (in my case zh_TW) so I wasn't able to find the aforementioned page.

The affected strings are
https://crowdin.com/translate/menion/3717/en-zhtw?filter=basic&value=0#q=pref_navigation_preset

Can I request the strings to be updated in the future release?

photo

Hi,

if you are a Crowdin translator, would you please fix the strings yourself? If you haven't participated in the Locus Map project yet, please send a request. Thanks!

photo

I've already fixed it.

photo

Thanks!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file