using locus map Classic in Kirgisistan

Ulrike Krämer shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

Dear team,

I will be traveling in Kyrgyzstan.

Is it possible to use the Locus map Classic App in Kyrgyzstan?

I want to record tracks with it. And I would like to plan routes.

Does the app consume mobile data for this?

Thank you very much,

regards

Ulrike Kraemer

Replies (11)

photo

I assume (hope) you have made sure to have LoMap or OAM map installed for Kyrgyzstan for offline use, before you go to WiFi-free areas.

RECORDING tracks needs satellite visibility, nothing more, i.e. no mobile data needed at all for recording.

In case you have NO offline map installed, your movement across the map would try to download image data, though.

Which area do you travel? Issyk-Kul area or more south like Jalal-Abad?

photo

Dear Mr Bechtold,

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I bought and installed the Kyrgyzstan map for offline use.

So, if I understand you well, for recording my tracks, there won`t be used  any mobile data.

I will be in different areas - Bishkek - Issyk Kul - east of the Issyk Kul (no touristic area) - south of Issyk Kul - Song Köl - south of Song Köl (no touristic area - in the middle of "nowhere").

Regards,

Ulrike Kraemer

photo

Sounds like a great trip and a wonderful experience ahead. Enjoy and safe travels.

photo

Thank you ;-)

photo

You are using LM3. For offline navigation and route planner, you need the BRouter. Download the app, set it in Locus and download the routing data of the area under WLAN. If you have Wi-Fi on the road, you can update the routing data.

photo

Sorry, I don' t really understand what I should do ...

I've installed BR Router on my Smartphone.

But I don' t know how to "set it in Locus" ???

My other question is:

does it consume mobile data when I am planning a route?

Thanks

photo

What service do you have set in Locus for navigation and routes.
BRouter Offline ?
I no longer have LM3 , use LM4 and do not know everything from Lm3.
Just turn off mobile data and try to plan a route or navigate. What happens then. Does it work ?

photo

I don' t know where I can set in the service BRouter???

I tried to plan a route in Kirgisistan - and it doesn' t work at all.

Neither with mobile data allowed nor with mobile data turned off.

There is always the notice:

"Do you want to download the missing data for the offline routing?"

But when I answer all the following "questions" - nothing happens...

photo

The routing service is controlled by this setting: Settings - Navigation - Router

There should be GraphHopper (online, needs mobile data, but not too much). Orr BRouter, which is offline IF you have the needed .rd5 files installed. Otherwise a download is needed, can be many MBs, but there is not much OSM mapping in K, so it should not be too expensive for one time download of the rd5.

Just checked: the 3 rd5 file covering all of K are 17 MB in total only.

photo

You have to set the brouter as routing service in Settings / Navigation.

Then you have to download the segments (RD5 files) in the Brouter App. You can choose in the app for which rate you want to download the files. Once you have them you can use the offline routing.
You can then update these files from time to time in the app. Normally it is enough every few weeks.

photo

Hello,

this manual might help: https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_navigate_offline

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file