Inconsistent estimated times for new route

Andrew Heard shared this problem 10 months ago
Solved

I know this has been discussed before (long standing issue), and I'm not really that concerned, expect here is an opportunity to do a screen capture and to point out when creating multiple routes with the LM4 Route Planner, sometimes the estimated time is reasonable, and more often it has approx. 468,777 days. I have created 10 routes using the Route Planner, 8 have this invalid time, and two have a valid time. I can think of no good reason why the two are any different to the other 8. All used a routing profile activity of Mountain Bike although I then saved then as Cycling. Some were re-routed after the initial save.

88abf819557bcc15e3e879d50f7a8d09

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Andrew,

I noticed exactly the same issue a few days ago, but since then I was never able to reproduce it. Firstly I thought it was because the last route point was a via point, but it does not really seems to be THE problem. So in case you find out any pattern, please let me know. Thanks.

photo

Do you mean reproduce the "good" or "bad" time estimate? I can easily reproduce the 468,777h estimate, but unsure on why a few routes have a "good" estimate as they were all created in roughly the same way.

photo

The "bad". Do you simply plan a route between two points in the latest Beta? Isn't there anything special, like special via-point, more points, or changed routing types during planning?

photo
  1. open Route Planner
  2. using a Poutnik "Trekking-Tertiaries" profile
  3. tap on starting POI, tap +- (start)
  4. multiple taps (generally) along underlying track (Eurovelo1 FYI) to ensure route stays on the same track
  5. tap on ending POI, tap -+ (end)
  6. menu > Save > change activity from Mountain Bike to Cycling, change folder > Save

I think even the few "good" tracks have this same sequence.

Sometimes I've re-routed to move segments but I don't think this has anything to do with it.

I don't think it's just 4.17.2.2, I think this issue has always been there.

photo

Thanks for the info Andrew. Interesting is that nobody in our team is able to reproduce it. maybe it has something to do with your custom profile. May you please just try any internal profiles later? I'll be watching it, but when I check my last undeleted planned routes, all have the correct times (all planned by internal offline BRrouter with default profiles).

photo

Menion - testing further, tapping a POI as an intermediate -+- or final -+ part of the route will cause the time to jump to 468xxx hours. There are no problems if I tap a POI as a starting point +- and/or use taps on map for other parts of the route. Changing from a custom profile to an LM internal profile didn't influence the "bad" value. If after using a POI as an intermediate -+- part of the route I tap further points on the map (not POI) the bad time even returns to a good time!

Are you sure in your testing you used your own POI as intermediate or final points?

photo

Thanks Andrew, this helped. The problem was indeed in custom points. Should be fixed for new routes in the next Beta version.

Old already saved routes, will unfortunately remain with incorrect times.

photo

Well done Menion. Surprised no one else ever reported.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file