Garmin Varia - Battery level stuck at 22%

Ulrich Kiermayr shared this problem 10 months ago
Not a Problem

Hi,

I have a new strange Problem with the Varia: Since the last update the Battery Level is stuck at 22% - even when the Varia is fresh from charging it shows 22% and it stays at that value for the whole day.

(My garmin Fenix shows proper levels).
3d6843c79b6b3d6572f5c7586ac8288c

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Ulrich,

interesting. Can't simulate this issue even with more sensors enabled as in your screenshot. I'll keep testing.
Btw. did you try to remove and add Varia radar?

photo

Hi,

Yes. No change - 22%

What I cannot rule out is, if the 22% is stuck in the varia and the device is always reporting 22% over Bluetooth.

Any idea how to test this?

LG Ulrich

photo
photo

Hello Ulrich, sorry for the delay with my response.

I was testing Varia during the last few days and did not notice any issues, interesting. If you still suffer by this issue, you may try to enable logging to the file (long click on the main app menu >Setup logging) for sensors with the latest Beta version.

After test, please send me a log file from the Locus/logs directory, thanks.

c41b5739f81c1d6404bb5376b43123d5

photo

Hi,
Sure - I'll check next weekend.
Greetings, Ulrich.

photo

Hi,

Very odd thing: after I plugged the varia into my laptop (to check for a SW update) the problem disappeared for now....

The log file showed that the varia was in deed reporting 22% battery level.

I will keep an eye on that but for now it looks like a varia problem and not like a locus problem....

photo

Uff, glad to read it to be true :).

Thanks!

photo
photo

The hint from Ulrich did it for me too. I've connected the varia to my notebook, checked for a software update, nothing found, but now the Akku display works in locus maps 😳🤷

Leave a Comment

Attach a file