Pauses during route recording

Waldemar Wawoczny shared this problem 9 months ago
Closed

Hi,

I am sending a GPX file with my last cycling activity, where you can see that the route has gaps in the recording of some sections. This problem occurred for the first time.
While driving, Locus kept showing me "Paused" messages, but I didn't make that connection until I looked at the record of this route.
I have a S20 FE phone and there were no problems of this type, and I did longer routes and on warmer days.
I didn't change anything in the settings!

Waldek

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

this problem is probably caused by your device system battery optimization.

Exclude Locus from all means of optimization so that the app can run in the background.

Instructions on how to do it are summed up here: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:gps_lost_fix_android6 or here: https://dontkillmyapp.com/.

Even if you don't make any change in the settings, the system (with some update) can revert your settings and Locus can be optimized again.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

hi,
S20 FE is for Android 13, your proposal is outdated because it applies to max. Android 11.
I've been using Lotus non-stop since May 2023. I didn't change anything in locus settings. Locus has all the priorities given in Android.
There is no location permission message from Locus, just a message with no sound: "paused", which quickly disappears, so you can't react because you're not looking at the screen all the time while driving.
waldek

photo

Hello,

Android 12 and 13 also use battery optimization. Even more strictly.

And especially Samsung is very aggressive in killing apps and avoiding this is about deeper and more hidden settings.

Anyway do you have set "pause when not moving" option?

Are you using some (new) phone case?

Can you test it with another device?

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

hi,
I turned off Autopause, but I have the "Save only when moving" option turned on. Others unchanged.

waldek

Leave a Comment

Attach a file