Voice coach when stationary

Will C shared this problem 9 months ago
Closed

I have a voice coach set up to tell me every hour what my altitude & heart rate are. I have discovered that if I am stationary the voice coach does not trigger but will trigger when I start moving again. For example today I stopped after 1 hour 45 mins and sat for 3/4 of an hour. When I set of again the voice coach announced two hours but my track time on my dashboard read 2.5 hours and half an hour later it announced 3 hours correctly as I was still moving. I have both auto-pause settings switched off in the track recording profile. I'm on Android 13.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

the audio coach takes only moving part of the track time into account so when you are resting the audio coach is paused.

photo

Accepted, but if that is the case then really it shouldn't read out the wrong time, surely it refers to the track time (that's what I've selected) which as I say is correct in the dashboard. If I have defined a time interval for audio notifications that's what I expect, to be notified at that time interval. I can't think why this would be an accepted function, rather than a bug? What's the point of telling me I've been out 2 hours when I've been out for 2.5 hours, that's just daft, isn't it?

photo
photo

We accept your objection, this feature deserves improvement. For the time being, go to Locus settings > track recording > profile settings > change the track recording condition to "OR" so that the track points are recorded even when you are not moving and turn off the "Record only when moving" option.

photo

This has resolved the issue. Interestingly, not tested enough though, the OR setting instead of AND may have brought locus track distance recording closer to what my Garmin records.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file