Sort order in POI photo selector

Will C shared this question 10 months ago
Answered

This may be an Android thing but........ When I create a new POI then edit it to attach a photo, the photo selector opens up listing/sorting the photos alphabetically. I have to manually sort them into date-modified order before selecting the image I want to use. The photo selection dialogue always reverts back to alphabetical. Can Locus open the dialogue and specify the sort order?

Replies (3)

photo

Instead of the default file picker (dependent on your device and your standard settings), you could use an other tool to pick the photos. i.e. a galery app that has a default sorting of your choice (settings). I prefer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro

There are even alternative file managers to coose files (not only photos) and that can be configured for sorting according to several variables.

photo

Thanks Druki, I use that app and Google photos myself plus solid explorer as my file manager app. Unfortunately when editing a poi to add a photo I don't have the option to choose, I just gat the android file picker. I'm running the latest android version 13 on a new Google pixel, so stock vanilla Android really.

photo

On Map Classic the choice is a bit hidden. After touching the + symbol and choosing "gallery" the file browser opens. Then touch the hamburger menu top left and down in the list your other gallery apps are presented.

photo
photo

Hi Will,

Locus Map only offers available apps that can distribute photos and it has no influence on the ways of the photo sorting in them.

photo

That's what I thought you would say TBH. Druki helped.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file