Galaxy Watch4: Map on watch is only refreshed when phone display is on

Marc Aurel shared this problem 9 months ago
Not a Problem

The map on my Galaxy Watch4 is only refreshed (to the current position) when the phone display (model: Pixel 6) is on which is very annoying during hikes.

What I tried:

- disabled accu optimization for apps

• Locus Map
  • Wear for Locus Map
  • Galaxy Watch4 Manager

What else can I try to fix this issue?

Replies (5)

photo

Have you checked the settings for "GPS and sensors"?

There are settings like:

- deacticate GPS when app is im background (should be switched off)

- GPS auto off (keep this setting deactivated to allways have GPS available)

Maybe this helps...

photo

thanks for this advice. I'll try it out!

photo

Hi Marc, do you have track recording or navigation (or any other GPS-dependent feature) active during your hike? If not, Locus Map doesn't require GPS when running in the background, so it doesn't refresh the location on your watch.

photo

thanks Michal,

another good advice. Normally I use "Zielführung" (sorry, don't know the english word) during hikes. But I'll check if it works with either track recording or navigation on.

Switching off "deacticate GPS when app is im background" alone didn't change anything but during testing this I had neither activated track recording nor navigation.

photo

Hi Marc, if you use "Zielführaung" during your hikes, please turn on the GPS ON for guidance in Locus settings:

c3c7eff4267e44ba3e65253f856869cc

photo

this setting has already always been ON

photo
photo

Hello, is Locus having the Location authorization set up to "Always" in your phone android settings? And not just "when app in use".

photo

Yes, all related apps must be excluded from battery optimization and also they must have background location permission set to "always".

photo

ok, maybe this is the solution. It was indeed set to "when app in use" for the Locus app

photo

This last setting did indeed the trick!
The display is now even refreshed when no guidance or track recording is active.

Last question now:
Which of the settings (besides location permission "always") that I changed are REALLY necessary to permit refreshing the watch display:

• accu optimization disabled for 4 apps in total:
    - Galaxy Watch4 Manager
    - Galaxy Wearable
    - Locus Map
    - Wear for Locus Map
  • disabled "deacticate GPS when app is im background"
  • enabled "GPS ON for track recording"

I'll try it out...

photo

Only the battery optimization OFF for all of the apps

photo
Leave a Comment