Tts for navigation plays too fast

Tom Pieters shared this problem 9 months ago
Not a Problem

When I want to navigate to a point on the map it guides me through tts. However since some time the tts plays so fast I can't understand the instructions. I tried installing different languages in the tts, but same issue. I also tried using another navigation engine, but same issue

Replies (3)

photo

Hi,

this can be set in your phone's system settings, not in Locus Map. For example, in Xiaomi phone it is in "Additional settings > languages&input > text-to-speech output".

photo

Hi Michal, thanks for your reply. Since Locus is the only app where I have this issue I think it is not related to the android system.

I'm using android 13. Under accessibility I no longer have the text to speech option. If I would have it it would impact the other apps which I don't want because there the pitch is fine.

photo

Hi Tom,

Locus Map does not offer any additional settings of the TTS output. You can only select the language and TTS engine. The speech rate and pitch can be adjusted in the phone system settings. This is what it looks like on a Xiaomi phone running on A13:

0fa8aaaaffb38f4dcce405b28be45f09

Maybe your phone offers customization of the pitch for individual apps, please check it out.

photo

Thanks this fixed it!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file