Hide all other tracks/points

Tapio shared this idea 9 months ago
Completed

Hi, screenshot is related. I display many tracks, pick one and decide to do something with one of them. Now I wish to hide all others. It would ne helpful if we could hide others. Like a browser allows it for tabs.

"Hide others" menu entry or longtap in hide...?

Replies (3)

photo

a longtap can be problematic because this gesture can be configured to display the address

the dot-dot-dot menu entry is good, and could be extended to a similar menu for POI?

photo

I was unclear, I meant longtap on the "Hide" menu entry. But that's probably a bad idea, because it would be one more hidden function.

photo

yeah agree, many times over the years I have only discovered some neat function by reading someone elses discussion about a long-tap feature; you more-or-less have to long-tap everything to learn whether it hides sometime useful - good & bad

photo
photo

Hi guys,

useful method, but where to place it? Hmm ...

For now, track bottom menu > three dots > Tools

cbb69520066dd8a8c3da5cbca96e9dde

photo

Beside "Hide" makes the menu too crowded? Maybe you can add separator lines? However, thx. for adding.

photo

Maybe you can allow to open a track in the context of the track library. And put the advanced functions there (compute area, analyzer).

Currently it's a bit strange, the bottom icon bar and 3-point menu are independent.

And I guess users cannot easily see the difference between an opened track panel (in map view) and the track details if coming from track manager. There, I think the map display on top is rather unnecessary and maybe confusing.

photo
photo

Imagine you have points and tracks displayed from varoius folders and groups and will use the new wanted feature of "hiding everything else but the current selectes point/track".

Would you expect to get back the previous display with all that other points/tracks from various sources?

Maybe we can enrich the featurerequest like it is in the points/tracks overview display which asks at reactivation (enhanced feature of unhiding the previous displayed elements - which needs a button somewhere): Do you want to display the previous displayed points/tracks or choose each element to be displayed separately?

Background: If the cleanup of the displayed items is temporary, I would expect to come to the previous display, because otherwise I would have to reselect all elements from different sources manually (which is a burden).

If the feature of hiding all other elements is more static (no way back), there could be a warning "You will lose the information which elements have been displayed and need to make them visible by selecting them manually".

photo

Remembering visible content is a completely different task. Because of some plans, I have with creating combined groups of points & tracks together, this I believe won't be necessary.

photo

I really wouldn't complicate things. My take on this: if a user unloads tracks, here called "hides", user cannot expect to return to previous state.

I don't consider that display state as something worth a warning.

photo

I tested it and didn't think about it beforehand. Wanted to restore the hidden ones but it didn't work anymore. It was a permanent hiding and not a temporary one.
Since I don't need the function often I'll wait and see what menion's idea is: Because of some plans I have with creating combined groups of points & tracks together, this I believe won't be necessary.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file