Altitude data on the SD card

Konrad Demmel shared this question 9 months ago
Answered

I have my data about the maps on the SD card at:

'Android/media/menion.android.locus.pro/'

The vector maps are there in the subfolders 'mapsVector/', the raster maps in 'maps/'.

In this folder I also want to store the .hgt files for the elevation values.

For this I created the folder 'data/' with the subfolder 'srtm/'.

All folders mentioned here are also under

'Android/media/menion.android.locus.pro/Locus'

there with one exception without content.

The exception: In 'Locus/mapsVector/' is the subfolder '_themes/' with the vector map themes. These were under
'Android/media/menion.android.locus.pro/mapsVector/_themes/' not found.

Back to the elevation data:

I wanted to define my own subdirectory for the default directories in the app's settings and specifically assign 'data/srtm/' to a directory.

See the screenshot for this.

I select the "Private folder on SD card" option for this. The app then closes this dialog, but does not react in any way.

How can I reach my goal?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

all changes of folders must be done via the app, not manually.

The Android/media is a kind of exception, because, you can place the data in there and Locus finds them, but it is not the main directory. That is why "_themes" folder doesn't work. Locus needs it in the main map folder, not anywhere.

If you want to move your data to the SD card, use the "set custom sub-directories" function.
https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:settings:backup_fsys#set_custom_sub-directories

If you need more information, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello,

thanks, but accessing the themes in 'sdcard/Android/media/menion.android.locus.pro/Locus/mapsVector/_themes' works fine. That's what irritates me, the themes work, the elevation data doesn't.
I don't want to put the main directory itself on the SD card.

Regards,

Konrad

photo

Hello.

You have to put the main SRTM folder to the SD card, not the whole Locus.

The main app folder is (of course) recommended in the internal memory (Android/data) because of performance.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello,

thanks, I now have the SRTM folder in the Locus system folder on main memory.

Regards,

Konrad

Leave a Comment

Attach a file