A few blocker/critical issues

Andrey shared this problem 8 months ago
Solved

Hi there,

Last weekend I ran into a number of problem using the app (v3.69), Android phone is Samsung A22.

It was a warm day, I've been sweating, and my the phone was in my jeans pocket. The track was being recorded, so the Locus Map was up and running in the background.

1. Even though there was a passcode on the phone, the Locus was just below the lock screen, so it was constantly bypassing the locking 4 numbers and — completely by itself due to the touch of the sweaty leg — and random touches were applied to the Locus app that was working on the background. I believe this is a huge issue and there MUST be an extra unlocking step in the Locus itself, in order to protect the user from accidental (unforeseen, unwanted) body-generated taps in the program for sure.
    And please do not tell me that it's just my fault and that I must buy an extra book-style smartphone case cover and carry the phone, when idle, in the 100% dry place. In my real-life use cases, neither is possible. The protection against such frustrating scenarios must be implemented in the app itself.
  2. As a result of the frustrating issue described in the step 1, at some moment I saw that the program STOPPED recording the path AT ALL, and instead of that on the bottom part of the phone's screen the obnoxious warning box started to appear, it is saying thing like: "The app Locus Map Classic is asking to allow to enable Bluetooth". This unwanted message continues to appear till the very moment I'm writing this, and I have not found a way how to get rid of it. I navigated to the "external sensor config" -> "BT sensors", but all of the available options there were (and still are) disabled! So, at this moment I can't even understand where to disable this unwanted thing!
  3. After getting back home from my journey, I tried to record another track in the city, but once I started recording, no data points were collected, to track line drawn. The App still continuously asks me to enable Bluetooth. So, how do I finally switch that obnoxious Bluetooth blocker off?
  4. If the problem cannot be solved by changing the settings, I have a backup in the zip format, yet it's an old one. Is it possible to revert just the settings from the backup, but to keep all the currently existing Way Points and Tracks?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

"keep the device's screen unlocked" is one of the Locus settings, so you must have turned this option on yourself at some point.

You can disable it in the "Settings > Controlling > Display > Unlock the screen"
https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:settings:control#unlock_the_screen

And for the BT prompt with no GPS data - you have probably switched to the external GPS. And as none is connected, there are no data.
Press the GPS icon in the bottom function panel.

Then in the sky-plot screen select the Internal GNSS as the source of GPS in the bottom panel:
https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tools:gps#source_selection

You can also restore the backup - Locus lets you choose what to restore, so you can select only settings.

If you need more information, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

I have switched back to the in-built GPS, but Globe shows active 0 of 44, at the map when I tap "locate" a warning orange box appears saying "your GPS data is outdated", and the map never comes back to show my real current location.

photo
photo

I did a recovery, but now app is saying -- your data is in the folder which is no longer supported by the latest version of Android, it suggests a folder, I select "Use this folder", but instantly after that an error appears: Invalid catalogue. Error. This catalogue cannot be moved.

Nothing worked. How to fix this?

photo

Could anyone please help with this issue?

photo
photo

And now there's another frustrating problem. Before reverting settings from the backup, there were 4 offline maps imported. After the recovery, 3 of the 4 work ok, but the 4th says "Error. Cannot obtain zoom level". But before that it was working perfectly fine!

How to make that last map it work properly again?!

photo

Hello,

what map is this?

It is some part of online map downloaded for offline use?

Can you send me the screenshot of map manager with this map selected?

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Ok, for that one seems it was my mistake. I tried to use another "file explorer" from within locus, selected the file anew, and now it seems to be working.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file