Navigation on Z Flip5 Cover Screen

Store_cold shared this question 8 months ago
Answered

The arrow & orange line of direction shows in opposite direction on a Z Flip 5 cover screen. How should I fix it.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi,

please try to calibrate your device's compass, see https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_calibrate_compass.

photo

Thanks for looking into, but I did tried that.

Some more details:

Locus Map works as expected on the main screen (inside screen) on Flip5.

But when I'm on the cover screen the expected screen position would be cameras at the bottom and that's when Locus Map would show me only the arrow + orange line of direction in the opposite direction of the move leaving everything else correctly oriented like the bottom menu buttons, so then I'll have to turn the phone upside down to have cameras at the top to see arrow + orange line of direction in the expected direction.

photo
photo

Could you please send a screenshot of the problem?

photo

Main screen (inside screen)

photo

Cover screen (outside screen) in ideal/expected position. This is where the only arrow + orange line of direction is in the opposite direction of the move leaving everything else correctly oriented like the bottom menu buttons

photo

Cover screen (outside screen) in upside down position to see arrow + orange line of direction matching with the main screen.

photo

Hi,

the problem is most probably in the location of the orientation sensor of the phone. When it is open the sensor data is correctly interpreted because the sensor directs forwards, in the direction of the upper edge of the main screen. When you close the phone, the sensor directs in the opposite way because it directs backwards to you.

photo

Thank you, is there a way to address this, maybe a new configuration setting for foldables.

photo

I think here the manufacturer of the device must fix its software. Complain about the device to the manufacturer.

photo

I just realize to see what does Google Maps shows and it does shows where my phone is facing in expected direction. I'm attaching 2 sreenshots for reference from the same spot where I had captured originally posted screenshots.

photo
photo

Hi,

so far, you are the only one to report this issue. When we get more feedback of this kind we'll start thinking about possible solutions.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file