How to set the map offset in China?

babywhr shared this question 8 months ago
Answered

Last month, I went on a trip to China with a few friends. When using Locus Map, we found that other types of maps, except satellite maps, such as Google and Microsoft, are offset. One of us used Oruxmaps and after consulting with an engineer, we modified a map parameter to solve the offset problem. May I ask what Locus Map needs to do to ensure that the map is not offset? When I searched for this problem on Google, What should I do when I see that this issue has already been raised?

Replies (4)

photo

Hi,

please do the same as with Orux - set the map offset More at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_tools:offsets.

photo

The method you recommended is too inconvenient. Oruxmaps only needs to add a parameter to the layer file to correct the error

<projection>MERCATORESFERICA</projection> WGS84

<projection>MERCATORESFERICA_GCJ02</projection> Chinese coordinates

0bd05a70cb02d6f7d595214cfcf0325c

photo

Hi,

I'm sorry but:

- using GCJ02 transformation without SBSM's approval is against Chinese law

- using Google or Bing maps in Locus Map is also illegal because the app doesn't use mandatory APIs of both platforms

photo

As far as I know, many outdoor mapping software can use Google and Microsoft Maps. When the software is not connected by the software manufacturer, but added by the user, is it a violation of the law by Locus or is it a personal violation of the law by the user?

photo

It doesn't matter - for the reasons mentioned above we aren't planning to introduce any other offset options to the app. Sorry for the inconvenience.

photo
photo

For example, if you are a convenience store owner and I buy a knife from your store, then I use this knife to kill someone. Is it illegal for you?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file