There's a problem with Locus Map

johnpaul2023 shared this problem 7 months ago
Not a Problem

I am a student studying in China, and last week I went hiking with my classmates. I noticed that the custom Google maps and Google satellite images on my personal device are inconsistent. The satellite images are correct, but the road maps are incorrect. However, my classmates who use Chinese applications have consistent and accurate Google maps and satellite images. What could be the problem? Is there something wrong with my settings?

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

Google Maps are not part of the Locus map.

So what map are you using?

Can you send me coordinates and screenshots?

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

This is the coordinates near my school. You can try OSM, Google Satellite Maps, and Google Maps separately, and you can see the problem

photo
photo

Hello,

could I ask you to create a new "OSM Note", please?

LoMaps are based on data from OpenStreet Maps (OSM). It is a public platform that anyone can contribute to. If you see any errors on the map, the first thing you can do is post an OSM note here. This way you let the community know that something is wrong.

Please open "Menu > More > OSM Note > Report the new note", then set the location and write down a short description of the problem.

A higher level is to become a mapper and contribute yourself. You can register at www.openstreetmap.org and edit the map information directly. There is also a friendly beginner's guide, so your adventure can go to the next level now :-)

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

You did not understand what I was saying, and it has nothing to do with OSM. OSM is correct, but Google Satellite Maps and Google Maps are inconsistent in China. After checking, I found out that the coordinates used in China are not wgs84.

photo

Hello,

If OSM is correct, then it is ok from our side.

Google Maps are a separate service and you have to report issues to them.

Moreover, Google Maps are not even part of our app.

Zdenek, Locus team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file