Warnings in navigation

Waldemar Wawoczny shared this question 7 months ago
Answered

Hi,
why navigation messages regarding off-route notifications are confusing to the user, example:
I have the warning distance set to 100 m.
And when I exceed this distance of 100 m, the message is as follows: route at 6,100 m.
But I'm moving further away from the route (e.g. I'm already 400, 500 m)
and the message is like every 1, i.e. 2, the message is: route at 12,100 m.
Suggestion: either the message gives the actual distance of the cyclist from the route or remove it - giving only the direction where the route is located.
Such "stupid" messages are really not pleasant for the user.

Waldek

Replies (8)

photo

I will add that it can be solved this way when Locus cannot provide the user's distance from the route:
1 message: route 11, 100 m
2nd message and other messages: you are off the route, route 12

waldek

photo

The news was exactly like this: 100 m route at 12 o'clock.

Even though the distance off the route was greater than 100 m, the messages always gave this distance, only a different direction - giving the time.

The proposal to get to the route takes a long time or does not exist at all, although I see improvement in this area. In any case, it is not TomTom, but, for example, Waze is also inferior in this respect (it is very fast when it comes to route correction).

photo

Hello,

I am sorry for the delay. We must proceed with some testing, but unfortunately, we cannot simulate your issue.

Is the problem still relevant in the latest version of the app?

If so, can you please send me a screenshot or better make a video where the problem happens?

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

I'm uploading one of my latest screenshots, get the appropriate absurd data displayed.

1 and 2 - original sections of the route
3 - detour guided by navigation.
Please see that sections 1, 2 and 3 meet at one point.
When I reached it, the navigation system told me to go on section 1, even though I was already on section 2, it still wanted me to go back and take section 1.
This is some huge nonsense.
The only thing I could do was stop the navigation and restart it.
above it also appears quite often in such off-piste detours.
PS.
I also provided a screenshot of my settings.

Waldek

photo

if it helps, I'm sending the originally recorded route, in which the navigation "went crazy" with time to the destination.

photo

Hello,

is it possible that you have "Strict route following" turned on? In this case, the navigation still leads you to the exact point until you cross it. So if you miss some (badly?) placed point, recalculation take a detour to leads you back to that exact point even if you missed it closely.

More here: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:navigation:settings#strict_route_following

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Mr. Zdenek,
I asked a different question!
The thing is that the messages still give the distance from the route of 100 m
(setting for the "off route" message), even though the distance is first 100 m, but then 200 m (the message still says 100 m), 300 m, etc. So it gives an incorrect value from the route above.

Waldek

photo

Hello,

in your last message, you complained about the detour, so I answered that.

About the distance from the route - we are unable to simulate this issue.

Just for clarification - it reports the distance from the nearest point of the route, not the distance from the point where you leave the track. So if you go parallel with your route the distance is still the same. Isn't this your case?

We tested it on a few devices and the problem isn't there.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

Leave a Comment

Attach a file