Zooming in results in pixelized/blurry maps

André Bonhôte shared this question 6 months ago
Answered

When I zoom in, Locus refuses to render the objects on the map properly. They appear blurry and pixelized. Vectors should be clearly readable even on levels >18.

As an example, I zoomed to a spot in Locus (with online OSM) and opened the same place in OSMand, see attachments.

Since I couldn't find such a question here, it's maybe just a setting issue.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello,

check if you don't have a zoom-lock turned on:
https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_mainscr_ctrl

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi Zdenek

First I had to add the button to the map view ;-) no, zoom lock is not enabled. Is there a reason why max zoom is 18 for vector maps?

Cheers

André

photo

Hello Zdenek,

I also think that the representation in online OSM is worse than lomaps.

In OSM I can't zoom in more than 30m and the resolution is blurred. Even at 40m it doesn't look good! It is better with Lomaps, but when the 10% is resolved, the card (my opinion) is no longer portrayed.

Enclosed the comparison OSM <-> lomaps I have not changed anything to the attitude and don't think it is because of it. VG Richard

----Translate with Google

Hallo Zdenek,

ich finde auch das die Darstellung in Online OSM schlechter als LoMaps ist.

in OSM kann ich nicht tiefer als 30m Zoomen und die Auflösung ist verschwommen. Selbst bei 40m sieht es nicht gut aus!

Bei LoMaps ist es besser, aber bei Auflösung 10% wird die Karte (meine Meinung) nicht mehr Scharf Dargestellt.

Anbei der Vergleich OSM <-> LoMaps

An den Einstellung habe ich nichts verändert und denke nicht das es daran liegt.

VG Richard

photo

Hello, I am sorry for the delay.

Thank you for the screenshots, now it is clear.

You are using a map, that has only 0-16 zooms, so in higher zooming is the last zoom only enlarged and therefore zoomed.

de5ad33df272b4260135ca5eaca7a2aa

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello Zdeněk,

yes, with different zoom levels I agree. Then why does the OSM map look worse at the same zoom level? Greetings Richard

---Originals German -- Translate with Google---

Hallo Zdeněk

ja bei unterschiedlichen Zoom Stufen stimme ich dir zu. Warum sieht dann bei gleicher Zoom Stufe die OSM Map dennoch schlechter aus?

Gruss Richard

photo

Hello, according to the screenshot, you are beyond the zoom level 18 so the map is only upscaled again.

If you are not sure, you can turn on the map detail in the information box (top panel). You'll see what zoom level is used for the displayed map.

More here: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_mainscr_ctrl#information_box

Also, the OpenCycleMaps are raster-based and LoMaps are vector-based, so the scaling has limitations.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo
photo

Hello,

so please check that it isn't set the "cached maps only" in the settings.
https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_settings#cached_maps_only

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi Zdenek

I have caching enabled, but not "cached maps only".

Cheers

André

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file