App crashes when trying to use "My Library"

Richard Philpott shared this problem 6 months ago
Not a Problem

App crashes trying to do anything at all in "My Library".

I use the app frequently (several times a week), and have had no problem before, so unlikely to be be a result of the latest update (which was on 27.9.2023).

The problem seems to have started immediately after recording, saving and exporting a track yesterday morning.

So I assumed a it was a corrupted problem with the latest track. I tried backing up and then deleting the tracks.db file, but that has not helped. After restarting the app, the library now shows an empty list of tracks, as I expected, but any other operation (eg, importing from a GPX, synchronising, etc) causes a crash.

Any suggestions as what to try next? Is there any further data I can send you to help (such as my back up copy of the tracks.db)?

Thanks,

Richard Philpott

Version 4.19.0, Android 13, Nokia XR20, Locus User Id 418969df4

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Richard,

please hold a finger on the man menu button in the bottom left corner of the main screen > an info box with various details about your app installation appears. Please copy it or screenshot it and send it. Thanks!

photo

Hi. Strangely, the Device Info option does not appear. All I have are options for Expert Settings and Log to File.

photo

I've attached the app info, but that's just the help-about page, not the more detailed one I was expecting.

photo

Richard, sorry, my mistake, the detailed app info is displayed after long-tapping the "helpdesk/about app" button, not the main menu... Nevertheless, in this case, your second screenshot will do, thanks. I can see Locus Map storage placing is standard.
Now please check Locus Map has all the necessary system permissions, especially to access the storage.

photo

All permissions are on (see attached).

I've also attached the full device info.

photo

One further bit of more info. The crashes only seem to happen when accessing "my tracks" - as far as I can see, "my points" seems to be working normally.

photo

As you have the main app directory on the external SD card it is possible that the track database is damaged (very usual on externals SD cards). I would try to transfer tha main directory to the internal storage (settings > Backup &filesystem > File system manager > Set the main directory > select "Private folder in the internal storage" > tap MOVE)

photo

I've done that (now using main storage), but the problem remains - crashes whenever I try to access 'my tracks'.

photo
photo

Possibly make a backup and then delete the database.
Question is whether the database recreates itself when restoring the backup ?

photo

Thanks. Yes, I tried that. The database was recreated, but the problem remained.

Eventually I resorted to a complete uninstall and fresh installation, Rather painful, as I'll have to redownload a lot of maps. Also, for some reason the settings backup to the cloud I tried to make before uninstalling also failed, so I could only restore my settings from a rather out-of-date backup.

But at least I do now have a working app again.

photo

Richard, we're sorry for all that hassle and inconvenience. Although you reinstalled the app etc. please try the latest beta available at http://bit.ly/lmVersionsTest.

photo

OK, will do.

Which version should I install? - there are two with version 4.19.0.2_1115, one with a suffix "Afa".

photo

Sorry, forget that question, I should have read the readme properly first!!

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file