Turning off new route warning icons

skolnik andrás shared this idea 6 months ago
Completed

Hi guys!

Is there a way to turn off the new route warning icons? They are very annoying, I just want to see the route, and the points i saved. For example, on one of the photos i attached it shows 3 heavy traffic signs on a main street. I know that there could be a heavier traffic on a main street, i dont need designated route icons for that. Also it shows a yellow "barrier" sign, which i dont really need. It confuses me, I think that there is a point that i saved there, makes my routes seem very "busy" not as simple to read as before this new update. The red heavy traffic signs also show when i zoom out.

On the other photo the icon obscures the Waterfall sign, which i prefer not to be obscured, because it is much more indicative of a waterfall, easier to read then the yellow icon.

I understand that some people might need these warnings, but for me personally very annoying. I would be very happy to see if there is a way to turn these off.

Thank you for your answer. Have nice day!

Andras

Replies (10)

photo

At the moment, this does not yet exist. But you can use the offline LoRouter, where the warnings are not yet integrated.

photo

Hi,

as @freiscgneider correctly wrote, this option does not exist (and "offline" is not the solution because it will contain warnings soon as well). I'm changing this question to the idea so please people vote if there is interest in this feature,

I'm also curious what is the most useful setup:

• global "warnings enabled " setting
  • the separate setting for the route planner and the second "global" setting for all tracks visible on the map screen? Something similar to "distance markers"?
  • any other option?

Thanks for the feedback!

photo

Hi, also there will be some minor adjustments in the current implementation. (Disappearing icons as we zoom out).

photo

>second "global" setting for all tracks visible on the map screen

clever & convenient method, or from quick settings panel, which funnily is far quicker to display than the Map Content panel!

in general I agree with the author I would not want to see these warnings

photo

I would also like to be able to decide whether warnings will be visible or not. I don't need them and they only bother me.

photo

During the planning process, I would like to see them. Especially gates or tunnels.
For tunnels I might need a light and for gates I need to see if they can be opened. Or possible alternatives.
But with recorded tracks I don't want to see it.
An option in the route planner to turn off and an option outside of the route planner.
Possibly in the map content panel. But separately, settings I make in the route planner should only apply there.

photo

I think it would be most convenient to have an option to turn on or off in the route planner. Because there are regions we are familiar with, just need the exact route and a gps file, no warning icons. But it can be very useful in places we are not familiar with, and these warnings really pop out to let you know more clearly what you can expect. This way routes could be saved with or without route warning icons.

But then we also need an option to remove or add the signs to a particular track later if we want to.

This might be too much to ask for, i dont know.

An option to turn these on/off for all tracks visible on the map is also fine. Just not as personalized.

photo

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback, understand.

In the next app (beta) version, the following options will be available

ed1379324b4aa66b294e6f297910690e

photo

Great solution, thank you! :)

photo
photo

Super happy! Thank you!

photo

I'm glad to hear that, thx!!