Option to discard the recorded track when autosave is set

Lux Calor shared this idea 6 months ago
Completed

I have automatic save and export set up for all my recording profiles. Sometimes I need to discard and delete the track without saving or exporting. Currently there seems to be no way to do it. I would suggest adding an option to discard the track by long-pressing the stop button (with conformation) and/or from the wrench menu in upper right corner.

Replies (3)

photo

Press and hold to display a selection menu:
Discard or delete
Save (without export)
Save and export.
With this we have all possibilities, no matter what is set as automatic.
There is one more variant. Every now and then I might need it for after work rounds. I don't want to keep these laps in Locus but I want to export them to Strava. Since I upload all activities here. Because Strava makes me a statistic, which is still missing in Locus (bike ride week, month, year, hiking...).
Export and delete in Locus.

photo

Long-press on the stop button to display the stop options menu would be even better, I agree.

- Discard (no save, no export)

- Save without exporting

- Export without saving

- Save and export

I would still keep the default behaviour of 1-tap-on-stop-button the way it is defined in settings.

photo
photo

Hello Lux,

what you need is still possible. Simply press a back button on the main map screen once. You should get a window with options to delete the current track recording.

photo

Nice. Never noticed I can perform actions in that dialog without closing the app in the end.

Still like the idea of a menu on long-pressing the stop button, though. I too would like to export some tracks without saving them and save some without exporting. I do it manually after the fact, currently.

photo
photo

Thanks for the ideas.

I'll add an option to "Discard" the current recording under the long-click to the next app version. Creating other options is more complicated for now.

photo

Thanks Menion

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file