turn-by-turn nav for created route

demca shared this question 6 months ago
Answered

I am new to Locus so of course have a million questions.. but this one is immediately baffling me and I can't figure it out.. searching is mixed since it covers many versions.

I create a map in Locus Maps, save it to my library, load it on my phone. It looks exactly correct where I want to go.

I click navigate and it starts routing me, however when I click "Itinerary" all I get is "go left go right go left go right" and no street names.

If I "recalculate" the route, it immediately goes into stupid-routing mode and just takes me straight there instead of following my route, but it does show correct street names. I have enabled "strict" recalculation.

How do I get Locus to follow the route I designed and use correct turn-by-turn names?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

"when I click "Itinerary" all I get is "go left go right go left go right" and no street names."

- the street names are added to a route from offline LoMaps only when you plan it in the app. Unfortunately, adding street names to routes transferred from the web planner is not technically possible.

"If I "recalculate" the route, it immediately goes into stupid-routing mode and just takes me straight there instead of following my route"

- go to Locus settings > navigation > route recalculation > select "route priority"

"I have enabled "strict" recalculation"

- turn this off, it is suitable more for sailing and may cause problems when navigating along the roads

photo

Thank you! If I just use the Android app, and enable offline lomaps, it now gives me appropriate turn-by-turn itinerary. I have other routing problems but I will post that separately.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file