"Download of routing data segments"

demca shared this question 6 months ago
Answered

Continuing my Locus journey..

How do I manage offline routing data? It seems to download once I try to navigate to a new place (and a fairly small radius of data is downloaded.) So I can end up some where with no routing information when I'm offline.

My device accepts SD cards so space isn't really an issue.

Thanks

Replies (4)

photo

Hi,

there is a routing data downloader for LoRouter offline in settings > navigation > router section. You can pre-download as much offline data as you need with it. More at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:navigation:settings#lorouter_offline.

photo

And they can also go to the map in the store and download the data for this area

photo

Thanks, I'm not sure this actually worked or not, but I will try some more experiments. The navigation -> Router area says I had already downloaded the offline maps for my region.. but several areas it still wanted to be online to redownload some additional(?) information for turn-by-turn routing. ie, I could create a route offline, but it would not generate instructions. I also could not route to a previously made POI (again all within the same region.) until I went online again.

photo

Hi,

make sure you use the LoRouter offline (settings > navigation > router > select LoRouter offline).

Leave a Comment

Attach a file