Roads with foot=use_sidepath access should not be used for pedestrian routing

Maciej shared this problem 5 months ago
Not processed

Walking on roads with foot=use_sidepath access is prohibited, so they should not be used for walking routes

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Maciej. Thanks for your report. foot=use_sidepath was not taken into consideration. So I made roads with this tag forbidden for walking. If I just penalized that road and we click that road instead of the sidewalk, the nearest point will be that road and routing would be still possible. I am not 100 percent sure about this change as for this approach to work there always must be the sidewalk. (Proper mapping is needed). This change will be made public once we publish routing engines again (soon, a couple of weeks max).

photo

Thanks! Will this change also affect BRouter profiles built into Locus?

photo

This change will be in place when default profiles used by both online and offline LoRouter are used. For profile files given by user: This depends how profile files are written, but my guess is that probably not.

photo

Thanks, LoRouter now takes the fix well into account. However, as for BRouter, the profiles are built into Locus, not user-supplied, and they work the old way. Would it be possible to update them as well?

photo

These 4 profiles are built into Locus, that is true, but as they originated from the Brouter project, they should be edited there. Otherwise it will all be a big mess when we re-sync with the Brouter project work...

906a3c8cdf24fa2452f36803b125541e

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file