Route Planner not working properly when starting empty [Beta 4.19.0.8]

Ulrich Kiermayr shared this problem 5 months ago
Solved

Hi,

I just tried the most recent beta and *love* the new route planer (route calculation setup).

But something is broken. When I start a new route (planner empty), the points I create have no numbers and the segments are not calculated. As soon as I save the route and re-edit it, everything works as expected. I even can clear the route and it still works. Just when I start on empty and there is no unsaved previous route, this happens.

Version: MapGooglePlay_4.19.0.8_1115_beta.apk

d9a4f96583781798ad01219f5e63391a

Replies (4)

photo

I installed this beta and I confirm that the crash occurs very often, even when navigating through the Route Planner options. At this stage, it is impossible to use Route Planner.

photo

Hi guys,

thanks you're trying to test it!!

Does this happen with online AND offline LoRouter?

photo

Yes both - and Online GraphHopper too.

The indicator around the blue Bicycle on the bottm left even spins around. It is just that no route shows up. And the green circles have no numbers in it. (sometimes circles, sometimes triangles).

It seems, that having map rotation enabled triggers the problem. Map rotation disabled and the described bug does not occur, enabling again - problem here.

lG ulrich

photo

p.S.: why does it sometimes draw blue and green circles and sometimes blue squares and green triangles (as it used to)? Bug or Feature?

greetings, ulrich

photo
photo

Amazing Ulrich, thanks. The rotation was indeed a key!

Version 4.19.0.10 was just generated and uploaded to Google Drive.

(and circle vs triangle was just a result of this error).

photo

Hi,

It works now as expected. But I noticed an other issue: The track on the screenshot is 52km long.

The distance is calculated wrong (straight line) and the 5km distance markers are also on the straight line and not on the (correct) track. (This also only happened on a new track (plan route to))

Is it related or shall I create a new issue?

Greetings Ulrich

photo

Uff, never saw something like this. Are you able to simulate it always? Are you doing something "un-usual" with the planner?

photo

Hi,

Odd, I can not simulate it at the moment. I dont remember doing something unusual.

What I did/had was a running navigation along a track. Due to a change of plan I selected the new destination on the map and went for 'plan Route to'.

But at the moment it does not happen. So my suggestion: Forget it for now. I keep watching it and if it happens again or I am able to reproduce it - I'll open a new issue.

Greetings, Ulrich.

photo

Thanks Ulrich, appreciate your help!

photo
photo

@Menion,

In my case, the crash occurred whenever I selected one or more waypoints and pressed the "Route Plan" button. In the latest beta version 4.19.0.10, this problem no longer occurs.

1aa6c5cc7d2b91719c0bef1d04fbbc2a

Leave a Comment

Attach a file