Download latest LoMaps Online update

Ludovico Reale shared this question 5 months ago
Answered

Hi everyone, I was thinking of purchasing LocusMap after trying it. However, I would like to understand a few things first.

I made some changes on OpenStreetMap, and I'm happy to see that after a few days they also appeared on LoMaps.

By signing up for Gold, is it possible to download the latest LoMaps update? I read that this update is dated 05/09/2023, but I made the changes 3 days ago.

What I would like is to download the maps from 3 days ago.

Is there any way we can do this?

Thank you

Replies (4)

photo

Hi Ludovico,

whereas the online LoMaps are updated every 24 hours, the offline LoMaps packages get fresh data every two to three months. The updating period is independent of the subscription. If you want to use online LoMaps without connecting to the internet, you have to cache them first - i.e. browse the map covering the area of your interest thoroughly so that the map is stored in the temporary memory. The cached map remains in the memory for 90 days.

photo

Dear Michal,
thank you for your reply.

How can I cache them? I tried to navigate to the map and by going offline I can see it, but I can't zoom in as detailedly as happens when the phone is connected to the mobile network.

Is there a way to have it cached at all available zoom levels?

Thank you

photo

Hi Ludovico,

as I already wrote: browse the map covering the area of your interest thoroughly, including all relevant zooms. Displaying a map tile saves it in the memory.

photo

Sorry, thank you for your help!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file