geocaching: save additional waypoints as usual waypoints

Ulli shared this idea 5 months ago
Gathering feedback

I would like to save the additional waypoints of a specific geocache as usual waypoints in Locus maps in a directory, which I can freely choose.

This is the same information, which I get by clicking Details => Waypoints.

But then I would like to SAVE these points for later usage. For instance, to delete already visited points, change icons, change position, export etc.

Or is there already any possibility to do so, which I haven't found so far?

If not, I guess, it's not a big deal to implement this, since the information is completely available.

Thank you!

Locus maps Premium 3.70.2

Android v13

Replies (2)

photo

Perhaps, one can also say, it's a kind of bug, or, at least, a completely unexpected behavior:

after displaying the additional waypoints (in the tab "waypoints"), I click copy in the "^" menu.

Then I choose a folder, but not the waypoints were then stored in this folder, but the header of that geocache!

photo

The bottom bar menu serves the whole geocache, not just the waypoints.

photo

I wouldn't mind, if the header is saved as well. But it saves ONLY the header. Why not additional waypoints?

photo

The command "copy" copies the whole geocache including its waypoints.

photo

This would solve my problem. But I see only the header, see screesnshots.

photo

This is not a "header". It is the whole cache including waypoints stored in a folder "test", the waypoints are indicated:

822356c853034b76d653d6313ba4031e

Just tap the "header" and the detail of the geocache unfolds.

photo
photo

No, sorry, it's still different from what I would expect: Just to have stored them as individual waypoints in the same folder. So, that I can handle them individually, for instance to delete them etc.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file