Dashboard doesn't update parameters

Marco shared this problem 5 months ago
Not a Problem

Hi,

I experienced the following problem using Dashboard on Locus Map Classic (v 3.70.2): the parameters that changes moment by moment (for example: speed, distance, coordinates, altitude, current time, heart rate, ...) aren't updated moment by moment on Dashboard; such paremeters are updated only in the instant in which Locus Map is brought to foreground and then they remain freezed as long as Locus Map remains active on screen.

So, the only way to get Dashboard parameters updated is to bring Locus Map to background and then to bring it back to foregroud.

I tested the problem on both an old Android 7 smartphone and a more recent Android 11 one.

Thanks in advance for your help in solving the problem.

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Marco,

we're unable to simulate any such problem. How exactly do you launch the dashboard? Could you describe your action step by step?

photo

Hi Michal,

The steps are:

- activate GPS and Bluetooth on smartphone

- open Locus Map

- optionally, activate Track Recording

- start the excursion

- select Main Menu --> All Features --> Dashboard

- choose a Dashboard containing parameters changing moment by moment (for example, I created a dashboard showing current time, speed, distance, slope, heart rate coming from bluetooth connection)

- the values of such parameters appearing in the instant in which the Dashboard is shown over the main screen remain freezed till you deactivate/reactivate Dashboard or switch Locus Map in background/foreground.

photo

Hi Marco,

have you tested also other dashboards or only your custom dashboard behaves like this? Could you send its definition file? It is stored in /Locus/data/dashboard directory (a file with the dashboard name and .lb suffix)

photo

Hi Michal

I tested other built-in dashboards (Elegant Blue, Joeloc's Dream, Trup's Bike Computer, a-test, gynta-dash) and all of them have the same freezed-values problem I reported for my custom "myDash" dashboard (see attached file).

photo

Hi Michal,

if it might matter, on my old smartphone I had version 3.47.2 installed and I had not the freezed-values problem I experience on current version of Locus Map.

photo

Hi Marco,

unfortunately, I can't simulate the issue, see the video: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p93b565574bee0h7bc3p4/Screenrecorder-2023-11-22-11-40-54-598-1.mp4?rlkey=jcddfdmt3obzzhvl6efn93h2h&dl=0. Replicating a problem is necessary for identifying its cause and fixing it.

photo

Hi Michal,

I realize if you don't succeed in replicating the problem, you cannot fit it: maybe the specific combination of my smartphone+its operating system makes Locus Map behave differently than the platform on which you did the tests.

Anyway, thanks for your kind support.

photo

Hi Marco,

Locus Map is compatible with all Android devices running OS 5.0 and newer. We are unaware of any combination of device and OS version that would not function. The dashboard is a widely used feature on thousands of phones. Try reinstalling the app or restarting your device.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file