Speach error for pace (in french)

Florian Abbet shared this problem 5 months ago
Solved

Audio description in french for pace "allure" ib wrong

Expected : x minutes y secondes par kilomètre

Actual result : x heures y minutes kilomètre.

Missing PAR (by) and number is minutes second, no hours minutes

Replies (11)

photo

Hi Florian,

we are sorry for this inconvenience. It seems that French TTS wrongly reads the line "x.x min/km". This can be fixed by a custom TTS file. Unfortunately, this may take some time...

photo

The system says x.y, like days hours. insteed of "minutes seconde". It is not the same in English?

Best regards

photo

Hi Florian,

no, English and other languages are OK.

photo

The "test" (view print screen) in language selection is working fine..

photo

I test in English. Speed (x km/h) and pace (y min/km) are logical (I.E. 12 km/h and 6 min/km). But in french the parce number is completly wrong. I Pretty sure that the French text is wrong at the "root".

Best regards

photo

Hi Florian,

we had a look in the "root" and the system generates "Allure 02:52min/km" for the French TTS when announcing the pace in the audio coach. Nothing about "heures".

photo

Hello. I found the problem.

It's a TTS bug + wrong separator . More visible in french but present in other tested language (German and English) . If the second number start with a "zero", "min/km", "sec/km" or "km/h" ,is misinterpreted...

Try (in englisch)

05 sec/km vs 15 sec/km

On top of that, the X:Y interpretation is hours:minutes (but not always says)

I try in german

5:05 min/km vs 5:15 min/km

5,05 min/km vs 5,15 min/km

First line is always wrong (says mimimal) .

Second one is good

photo

In french and German the following add "hours"

13:05 min/km vs 13:15 min/km

photo

We made a few more tests and we found out that there is really a bug in the TTS not able to read properly "x:xx min/km" string. The only solution is the custom TTS we have to prepare.

photo

Thanks for the time spend (but i can live a moment with this bug 😂).

photo

Hi Florian,

the custom TTS has been added to the app so you can test it when the new version comes out.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file