Problem connecting to 4umaps already for several days

Joerg Stober shared this question 5 months ago
Answered

Other maps do load. When I try to download a map from 4umaps I get an error server problem, try later, but this continues for days already. Any idea what to do? This is my favorite map.

Replies (12)

photo

Hi Joerg,

unfortunately, the 4umaps server is down and it is inaccessible by Locus Map. Neither 4umaps website can be accessed. Sorry for the inconvenience but we can do nothing with it - 4umaps is a third-party provider.

You may try LoMaps instead.

photo

Looks like the owner of the service/domain has gave up therefore the map is no longer available.
Too bad as I too loved those maps.

photo

We'll remove the map from our portfolio in the next app version.

photo
photo

Thanks. A pity that 4umaps are more.

Regards Alan

photo

Yes, but the competition is fierce. A lot of people use Openandromaps. And Locus also has LoMaps

photo

Buongiorno,

Che fine hanno fatto le 4Umaps?

Non si vedono e anche il sito web risulta non raggiungibile....

Grazie e saluti

Nicola

Good morning, What happened to the 4Umaps? They cannot be seen and the website is also unreachable.... Thank you and greetings Nicola

photo

Hi Nicola,

unfortunately, the 4UMaps project has been abandoned by its creator due to a lack of resources. More at https://sourceforge.net/p/mobac/forum/general/thread/106784dc1d/#230b.

regards

Michal, Locus team

photo

È veramente una grave perdita…

Sono mappe ben fatte, chiare e con i sentieri immediatamente visibili al contrario delle vettoriali,

non saprei cosa altro usare per le mie esplorazioni

Avete pensato a rilevare il progetto o finanziarlo e rendere poi le mappe disponibili a pagamento?

Sarebbe una cosa molto gradita a tutti gli utenti di Locus e non solo…

Saluti

Nicola

It is truly a great loss…

They are well made maps, clear and with the paths immediately visible unlike vector ones,

I wouldn't know what else to use for my explorations

Have you thought about taking over the project or financing it and then making the maps available for a fee?

It would be a very welcome thing for all Locus users and not only...

Greetings

Nicola

Inviato da Posta per Windows

Da: Locus Map

Inviato: giovedì 14 dicembre 2023 09:30

A: NIK

Oggetto: Re: 4umaps [#33559]

Hi Nicola,
unfortunately, the 4UMaps project has been abandoned by its creator due to a lack of resources. More at https://sourceforge.net/p/mobac/forum/general/thread/106784dc1d/#230b.
regards
Michal, Locus team

OPEN ticket IN BROWSER

NIK 2023-12-14 08:00

Buongiorno,
Che fine hanno fatto le 4Umaps?
Non si vedono e anche il sito web risulta non raggiungibile....
Grazie e saluti
Nicola
Good morning, What happened to the 4Umaps? They cannot be seen and the website is also unreachable.... Thank you and greetings Nicola

Stop receiving notifications about this ticket